• April 27, 2024, 12:38:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BLOCKING Ports with DIR-625  (Read 17993 times)

AreYouKidding

• Level 1 Member
BLOCKING Ports with DIR-625
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

I am deeply frustrated. I've been working on this for hours.

Product Page: DIR-625
Hardware Version: C2
Firmware Version: 3.04

How do I BLOCK a freaking port with this software/firmware? Specifically World of Warcraft. It's all over the net that if you block port 3724 (and a few others if needed) this should block WoW.

Absolutely everything about this dLink sofware seems to be about allowing/opening ports. I've even tried to trick the "Port Forwarding Rules" section into working with "Deny All" in the Inbound Filter" etc. I've played games with the "Application Rules" and on and on. Nothing works.

I've seen other routers that simply have a "Block Ports" section. Grrrr....

Anyone know the correct incantation to make this work? I would deeply appreciate any help. If I can't, it will be the last dlink product I buy.

Thank you.

AreYouKidding

• Level 1 Member
Re: BLOCKING Ports with DIR-625
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »

And there you have it.

A nice thing is when you search google on this related topic, this message comes up in the first 5 or 6 messages. It makes it abundantly clear absolutely no one from the Dlink organization helps anyone on this topic. Non-existent support. (Not in this mesage on any other that comes up as well.)

And now the whole world can see. Have a great day.

jrjones49

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:07:36 PM »

Given that WOW is listed under Advanced/Port Forwarding/Application name as ports to OPEN one would assume that this means those ports are CLOSED by default. This would render a "port blocking" utility useless. (Unless you are trying to block known ports such as 80 etc. for some reason)

WOW also uses:
3724, 6112, and 6881-6999
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:11:23 PM by jrjones49 »

ifm12009

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

jrjones49,

If you had read “AreYouKidding’s” posting properly, you would have been aware that he had already tried the “Advanced/Port Forwarding/Application” settings before posting.  Although at first glance I do concur with your assumptions with these settings, they do however function differently than expected.  I know because like “AreYouKidding” I too have been trying everything I can think of to block desired ports.  The two differences between “AreYouKidding” and me are that I am trying to schedule the blocking of steams’ ports.

If anyone else can think of what we are doing wrong/missed please offer some (constructive) suggestions.

thx

eltyra

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:25 AM »

I find - Advanced - Access Control - Add Policy - Name - Choose Schedule - Select Machine - Apply Advanced Port Filters - Add Port Filter Rules - allows me to create the rule, apply a schedule or create a new one and block specific ports from any machine on my network (6) either all of the time, or during specific time periods. I think may be what you're looking for.

DIR-625-C1/FW3.06

jrjones49

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »

Kinda buried but there it is! Nice solution.

Just curious but why all the excitement over blocking WOW?