• April 27, 2024, 05:00:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: range drops after initial startup  (Read 5262 times)

2bull

• Level 1 Member
range drops after initial startup
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:36:14 AM »

i have setup the dir 625 and initially have a strong signal, good connection,but within a couple of minuets, the signal fades and coverage drops.  if your standing next to the router, you can connect, but 25 ft away, no signal.... however, if somebody unplugs the router and plugs it back in, initially 50to 75 ft away, strong signal  at first, but then it slowly drops out...
any suggestions?
talked to help desk twice, and seems they have no clue, have tried all their suggestions, but nothing helps, they think its a software issue, i think its a power supply dropping our hardware power issue...

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: range drops after initial startup
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »

Any cordless phones in the area?

2bull

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »

Any cordless phones in the area?

None

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »

How about other wireless networks?

2bull

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

How about other wireless networks?

none,

edlivian

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »

move back to firmware version 3.06, it will fix all your wireless problems.

2bull

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:04:21 PM »

No cordless phones, no other wireless network, nothing to cause interference to the signal.

so far, i have called customer service twice, with no one able to help, several emails to tech support, who can  only suggest:"We will request you to speak with a live technician who will assist you in troubleshooting this issue as it may require some advance troubleshooting and you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps, which may not be possible through an email assistance."
case number DLK400367563, DLR 400396786, and another time that i didn't get a case number for.
A strong signal dropping to a weak signal, after time, with no other wireless interference or signals in the area means there is either a power drop due to a bad or weak power supply, or a defective unit that is not able to sustain  a stable level of signal.   Internet connectivity works fine, if your close enough to the unit, so its not an isp issue or a firmware issue. its hardware that is failing....unless i am wrong in thinking that a "ramebooster N router " is not supposed to boost the range for more than 20 ft.....