• April 27, 2024, 12:49:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 625 N Router  (Read 7034 times)

alkinsman

DIR 625 N Router
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »

My router is working great on both my desktop to which it is connected and both our laptops {wirelless) which are upstairs.  Our downstairs desktop shows our network but won't allow us to logon with our password. Is there something else I have to put into the downstairs desktop in order to login to our network.  We can get a signal from my neighbours but ours show a stronger signal but we are not allowed to access the network.  Help if you can......thanks.......Al

Qev

Re: DIR 625 N Router
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »

What OS is the desktop running, and what software is it using to connect to the wireless network?  What sort of encryption is the network using?

Mlachake

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »

Let us know the model number of the wireless adaptor the computer is using. One more thing, are the wireless computers that are able to connect running N draft adaptors? What 802.11 mode is the router set to? This is are some of the things you will need to check in order to successfully troubleshoot the problem.

JHK

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Any software firewalls on the computers in the network? Make sure that you are not running any software firewalls as those would also interfere with the setup of the network.
Life is cool! :)

arod

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »

My router is working great on both my desktop to which it is connected and both our laptops {wirelless) which are upstairs.  Our downstairs desktop shows our network but won't allow us to logon with our password. Is there something else I have to put into the downstairs desktop in order to login to our network.  We can get a signal from my neighbours but ours show a stronger signal but we are not allowed to access the network.  Help if you can......thanks.......Al

What firmware are you running on the router? and what Hardware version?

bogae

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »

You cannot connect to the Internet or you cannot connect to the configuration page of the router?