• April 16, 2024, 06:32:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Status Light and Connection and Installation  (Read 2890 times)

ktorok

• Level 1 Member
Status Light and Connection and Installation
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »

Hey everyone. I just purchased the DIR-825. I went to install it and the wizard always gets stuck on step 3, which is when it says it is waiting for router. This step is after the modem is unplugged and the ethernet cord is plugged in to my computer and the other end into LAN port 1. Step 3 says to plug the power into the router and wait. For whatever reason it waits for about 3 or 4 minutes then tells me i need to restore my router to factory default settings. So i do that and try again. I have done this about 5 times and its always the same. And just to throw it out there, the Status LED never comes on. The POWER, and PORT 1 LED lights are on. Any idea on what to do?

Now for the other part of my question which i think ties in to my first. So after failing time and time again to get my router properly installed, I decided to try and do it without the cd wizard. So i hooked everything up as i knew it belonged as this is not my first router, and got the internet to work. But it only works if my computer is connected with a ethernet cable. I have no connectivity to the wireless network. My current setup is this way so I can at least attempt to find an answer to my problems. I have even tried running the wizard with everything connected and working in hopes that the wizard would then be able to 'find' my router and work, but to no avail. I cannot even connect to the router setup page at 192.168.0.1. Every other website works, but this one does not. My browser just says cannot find page. If there is anything anyone can do, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

ktorok

bkspero

• Level 2 Member
Re: Status Light and Connection and Installation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »

If you can't connect to the router setup page at 192.168.0.1, take the router back to the store and either get a replacement or a substitute (my recommendation is a substitute...read earlier threads on the forum to see the issues with this router).  Good luck.