• April 19, 2024, 09:13:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware Brazil - DIR-655  (Read 4127 times)

mark mare

Firmware Brazil - DIR-655
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »

I'm from Brazil and I bought a DIR-655 in a trip to the USA recently.

I can't make it work in Brazil. A friend said that I have to update the firmware. D-Link Brazil says that they won't provide me the adequate firmware because "you didn't buy it in Brazil". Ridiculous...

Now I have an excelent router that doesn't work at all...

Please, help me...

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Firmware Brazil - DIR-655
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »

It should work all over the world. Ethernet standards (required modem output signal) are universal...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

Mark, Iīm from Brasil and uses 655 since D-Link launch it in the market... thereīs no "Brazil" firmware.... donīt exists "Brasil" fw for any D-Link product... you should uses USA firmware... you should be more specific about your problem, and then we could try to help you... wich kind of ISP you have? You can send me a PM if you want.... BTW, forget about D-Link Brasil.... itīs support donīt exists... theyīre *diots... thatīs sad true.... My 655 is from USA too, but I have brazillian registered products in D-Link Brasil, but support is useless anyway.... just let it go.... itīs a shame for D-Link have a subsidiary like Brasil.....

mark mare

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

Ok. I don't have the router here in my job, but I'll try to be more specific.

I followed all the steps described in the instalation guide that comes with the router. I'm connecting the router in a cable modem (for those who know Brazil... NET Virtua...). When the system tries to recognize the connection a message appears: "There is no router".
When I arrive home, I'll try to connect it again, step by step, and I'll post here more details...

Anyway, thank you very much guys!

Tyreck

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »

I followed the instructions for setup as well and then I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support.  The main issues for me was they kept telling me to unplug the cable modem and the router.  Wait 2 mins... then power up the cable modem.. wait about 30 seconds.. then power on the router.

This is assuming all the firmware and everything else is correct.  This was to get the modem to recognize the router through DHCP.

The problem that they left out of the fact that the cable modem had a battery.  Yes, they knew exactly which cable modem I had by brand name.  Ten minutes after I hung up the phone with them I was up and running by following the directions they gave me with the added step of unplugging the cable modem and then ripping out the battery to let it fully recycle.

Hope this helps somewhat.  Really not sure what your exact issue is but this was mine.