The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-327L

Have a DIR-845L - trying to get cameras to record to NAS

<< < (2/2)

JavaLawyer:
The My Surveillance app supports the DCS-942L.  Yes, you can setup FTP, but I believe you will find it much easier and much more flexible to use the DNS-327L to manage recordings rather than manually configuring FTP. I use a similar app native to the DNS-345 -- and given the functionality and power of the app, I wouldn't even bother with FTP unless you absolutely have to.

A side benefit is that if you purchase multiple cameras, you can manage all of them, along with archived recordings, from a centralized application rather than saved files in an FTP directory.

JavaLawyer:
Hopefully we'll have a DNS-327L page up soon where I can move this thread. The ShareCenter is fairly new and a board has yet to be stood up in the forum. In the interim, I recommend that you visit the DCS-942L board for issues related to the camera. You can address general DNS-327L related issues on the DNS-320L board until things are flushed out -- the two products are similar, so the members who frequent the DNS-320L board should be able to answer most questions that come up.

froad:
Thanks for the help everyone - I'll check the 320L stuff out - the Surveillance Centre does seem to work well and will fir my needs nicely - only 2 issues to resolve -  1) I changed the path for the files to go to the NAS (at least I tried) - however they are going somewhere else on my system... and 2) I wonder where they are stored ?  I can view them - but can not find which drive they are stored on - and changing the setup hasn;t helped yet.... but I'm getting there with your support.  THANKS

Dave

JavaLawyer:
Glad I could help. Come to think of it, you may have better luck posting My Surveillance related questions in the DNS-325 forum. The DNS-327L is the successor to the DNS-325, and has a similar app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version