• March 28, 2024, 12:13:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Validating Identity  (Read 18033 times)

Tom2112

• Level 1 Member
Validating Identity
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:26:53 PM »

Trying to connect with my laptop and I'm getting "Validating Identity".

Can't say much more than that, anyone help?

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Validating Identity
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »

What version of Windows?

What level of Windows service pack?

Please provide the DIR-615 hardware and firmware versions?

What wireless security have you set up on the 615?

I have seen this type of problem when Windows XP SP2 did not have the separate WPA2 security update installed.

genesis

• Level 2 Member
Re: Validating Identity
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 05:37:00 AM »

If you are using WEP, that is normal. Right click on the network icon, select properties, then the tab for Authentication. Deselect Enable IEEE XXXX authentication. If you have an antivirus with firewall, make sure to also deactivate windows firewall. Click ok, and (if available) apply. Reconnect, and it should work. Look it up on the internet, it is an easy fix.

Dabouncer

• Level 1 Member
Validating Identity don't know how to post my own first time using
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »

ok , i'm lost here please help thanks in advance a million times i bought a laptop and just before went to work the hard drive fried  so now here is the problem i bought new hard drive  for my laptop which is a Dell d610 latitude i reinstalled windows from scratch so at first i didn't have the drivers for wifi but now have when i go to connect back to my router will not let me i get the validating identity also verify certificate  or the bit32 or 104 bit error if i try to enter my password  my router is a netgear Wnr2000 when i do ip config i don't even have a default gateway please help me correct this problem i hate patching off someone else i like my connection

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Validating Identity don't know how to post my own first time using
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »

ok , i'm lost here please help thanks in advance a million times i bought a laptop and just before went to work the hard drive fried  so now here is the problem i bought new hard drive  for my laptop which is a Dell d610 latitude i reinstalled windows from scratch so at first i didn't have the drivers for wifi but now have when i go to connect back to my router will not let me i get the validating identity also verify certificate  or the bit32 or 104 bit error if i try to enter my password  my router is a netgear Wnr2000 when i do ip config i don't even have a default gateway please help me correct this problem i hate patching off someone else i like my connection

You should have not "hijecked" this post and started a new instead.

Get the latest service pack (SP3) for Windows XP.