• April 19, 2024, 03:11:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DD-WRT REV E1 PPPoE Issues  (Read 5123 times)

leslie0629

• Level 1 Member
DD-WRT REV E1 PPPoE Issues
« on: January 02, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »

Hi guys,

Is anybody having issues with the Rev E1 and PPPoE? On DD-WRT, it says "Connection type: Disabled" everytime I press connect. I flashed it through the emergency room. Should I be flashing the regular firmware after using the conversion bin?

Skello

• Level 3 Member
Re: DD-WRT REV E1 PPPoE Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »

Hi guys,

Is anybody having issues with the Rev E1 and PPPoE? On DD-WRT, it says "Connection type: Disabled" everytime I press connect. I flashed it through the emergency room. Should I be flashing the regular firmware after using the conversion bin?

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-24-10-r15962/dlink-dir615e1/dir615e1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin is for flashing from factory firmware to DD-WRT for the first time, or through the emergency room.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-24-10-r15962/dlink-dir615e1/dir615e1-firmware.bin is for update to a new version from the DD-WRT interface, if you already have DD-WRT installed.

The ones I linked are currently the latest version for your revision.

I use PPPoE, it reconnects on reboot and doesn't have any troubles. Here are my settings: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.msg96626#msg96626 Maybe you need to inform your ISP of MAC address changes, but most should detect these changes automatically.

leslie0629

• Level 1 Member
Re: DD-WRT REV E1 PPPoE Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:21:31 AM »

Thanks Skello; I tried what you listed, but it still flashes "Connection Type: Disabled" after clicking "Connect" from the status page.

The strange thing is though, the factory D-Link firmware works for me - PPPoE connects without a hiccup, which leads me to believe that it might be an issue with DD-WRT, but you have it working - is there some setting I'm missing besides what you've listed?