• March 28, 2024, 03:43:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?  (Read 236878 times)

MyDNS323

• Level 1 Member
Re: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »

I'd be looking at your network setup. This really has nothing to do with the DNS323 firmware version as you yourslef have stated and as such I can't see how they can fix your network for you. I'd be extremely surprised if any similar device, even from a competitor, would perform any different until you resolve the issue.

I went back to 1.08 yesterday. I still need to run a few more tests, but I found that I had fewer connectivity issues with 1.08 than with 1.10 beta. I wonder if it has anything to do with the drives powering down to go into sleep mode, and the device being unable to wake it up?

I don't know. This device is so flakey it is unreal. I also don't understand how they can fix/add one feature and break two more in the process. D-Link really needs to get it together. Please stop adding new features until you at least have a grasp on the ones already implemented.

MyDNS323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »

Log into the DNS-323 and give it a static IP address that is outside the DHCP range of the router.

Thanks for the info, but I already did that. And that didn't really solve my issues.

dhc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »

Just installed beta 1.10 and for the most part have no complaints. However....

When streaming video to my Sony Bravia using the UPNP server, the fastfwd/rewind functionality no longer works. This worked just fine with 1.08, but now seems to be broken. Playback (of .mpg files) works OK except for this issue. Anyone else seeing this?

I have reset to factory defaults and re-configured the server, also refreshed it. I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks in advance.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »

I have a similar issue when using the UPNP server on a PS3: fastforward/rewind works but resuming play will sometimes cause playback stuttering and prevents all audio from being heard.

badmem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »

I have suffered with this problem of the DNS-323 not showing up on the network for a long time. Try logging-in to the DNS-323, go to the LAN settings, apply and save the network speed, you don't have to make any changes! The Admin interface will save the settings and log-out. You can then connect to the DNS-323. This is a pain and it happens on two DNS boxes I have - I posted a message about it before and other people seemed to have the same problem. I have just learnt to go through this process every time I restart my equipment  :(

blackbox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

Thanks for the info, but I already did that. And that didn't really solve my issues.

Are you using a third party software firewall / security suite?

brotherman38

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »

Whats the though-put like transferring files via FTP, and Samba?

kaviratna

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »

Hi Guys, I need help.

My TV and WD TV Live Plus is showing folders empty. I tried Reset, reflash firmware and refresh upnp server. Nothing worked. my TV shows Folders are empty. Can any one suggest what would have gone wrong? Thanks for your help...

Network share is working fine through WD TV Live plus (playing videos) but media server mode is not working
It is working now. Ha! Ha!
I just checked the properites of the NAS root folder (Windows 7) and it is start showing in my TV. May be it is not working earlier as I moved the folders using Vista.

poinsy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »

Well, I transferred some MKV's over last night. Had to say that it was painfully slow. For 42GB, Windows was quoting around 7 hours, it was shifting at approx 1.9 MB/s. This was from my Windows 7 laptop, wireless to the router, wired thereafter. I got a marginal improvement going completely wired, but even that was only 2 MB/s. I have set the NAS as RAID 1, ext3, using 2 brand new Samsung F4 2TB HDD's.

I'll try some detective work and see if there is a problem elsewhere.

lookingforinfo

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »

How should I test Advanced Format disks with F/W 1.10?

I have 2 WD10EARS drives, installed them in a unit running F/W 1.10 and formatted the drives as RAID 1.  My plan was to copy 27 large files to the unit and see if the time increased as the drives contained more data.  The transfer process failed on the fifth file.  

My environment is OS X 1.6.6.  Data is being moved from a 323(dlink-nas1) running F/W 1.09 and standard disks to a 323(dlink-test) running F/W 1.10 with RAID1 formatted disks.  The files are 4 GB tar files that are created nightly and stored on dlink-nas1.  A shell script on the Mac controls the transfer.  The error message is "bad file descriptor".

Based on this test I would say there is still a problem, but this is my first experience with these disks.  I am willing to try other tests.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »

I have the exact same models here WD10EARS. I am in the process of filling the hard drives (im running Raid0) and I will do some speed testing when they are around 80-90% filled.

strevellick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »

I have the exact same models here WD10EARS. I am in the process of filling the hard drives (im running Raid0) and I will do some speed testing when they are around 80-90% filled.

Thats good news.  I am running WD20EARS in a RAID-1.  Interested to hear the outcome.

blackbox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:40 PM »

The transfer process failed on the fifth file.

What is the "sleep" timeout set to under System Preferences, Energy Saver, Computer Sleep?

mklx01

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »

Hi Dlink,

Are Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2TB now officially supported?  They're 4K drives and came out last December. The exact model number is:

Vendor      Model     
Hitachi      HDS723020BLA642

The issue I'm having is that when I first put the drive in the NAS, I get the purple light. I was able to format the drive using EXT3 and after rebooting the drive light went back to blue.  During formatting and now when I'm trying to copy data over to the Hitachi drive from my old WD Caviar 500GB drive, the NAS frequently hangs (file copy stops). No web access and no SMB connection either.  I need to manually unplug it and restart the device.

FWIW, the NAS is attached to a Mac running OS X 10.6.6 with a cross-over cable (no router in between) set to 1000 Mbit transfer rate and Jumobframes enabled (MTU 4000).  This configuration has been working reliably with the WD drives. Only when I put in the Hitachi drive I'm having these issues. I've tried both FW 1.08 and 1.10 beta 5. Any ideas?

Thanks!

lookingforinfo

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

What is the "sleep" timeout set to under System Preferences, Energy Saver, Computer Sleep?

Historically both configuration settings are set at 60 minutes.  I would not think this would be a problem regardless of the value since I am moving 27 files with an average size of about 4.1 GB. 

Thank you,  I appreciate and suggestion.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16