• April 19, 2024, 06:41:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to convert .mkv files so that we can play the movie on DSM-510 ?  (Read 4197 times)

novolo

• Level 1 Member

just that...    i want to know how to convert a .mkv file,  to divx or xvid so that we can use them on the DM-510

thank you

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
Re: How to convert .mkv files so that we can play the movie on DSM-510 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »

No need to convert anymore....... 
MKV and x264 files will play on the 510 NOW.........I'm using the brand new (latest version) of TVersity and I'm watching a .mkv file right now......it works great and clearly is a software issue as far as being able to watch .mkv HD files on the DSM-510.......Give it a whirl, works great for me.........WHY Dlink couldn't figure this out is beyond my comprehension..........

MladenPerisic

• Level 1 Member

Can I install your software on my NAS? I guess, no. So, I still have need to convert it.

Or... ATTENTION to D-Link stuff, for Gods sakes, listen your buyers and add support for MKV in DSM-510!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

The DSM-510 does not have the ability to support .mkv the processor used in this device does not support .h264 If you use Tversity as your media server the media server can be configured to do transcoding on the fly and will allow you to playback mkv. The DSM-750 out latest digital media adapter and supports .h264 and mkv.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream