• March 29, 2024, 02:31:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-325 - Issue w/ FW Posted on support.dlink.com & FTP2  (Read 2681 times)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS-325 - Issue w/ FW Posted on support.dlink.com & FTP2
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:43:38 AM »

This thread is split off from the following post: DNS-325 - Firmware Wishlist

. . . As an aside, if anyone can reach the powers that be, the firmware downloads are sorta screwed up on the main site. The link http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DNS-325 lets you select which firmware to download and it uses names like "DNS-325_FIRMWARE_1.01.ZIP" but they're not in zip format, they're raw lif (binary) files. It is smart to provide them in zip format but someone's got to fix the files on the website to correct them.

Also, one of the firmware files is damaged somehow, I've tried a hundred different ways to test it and the 1.01 file won't work. I attempted to return my system to original status so that I could experiment with it and do the upgrades slowly instead of jumping to where I was (at 1.04) but ran into those problems.

I just validated your findings and am escalating this to "the powers that be" ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:26:35 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS-325 - Issue w/ FW Posted on support.dlink.com & FTP2
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 05:57:16 AM »

. . . As an aside, if anyone can reach the powers that be, the firmware downloads are sorta screwed up on the main site. The link http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DNS-325 lets you select which firmware to download and it uses names like "DNS-325_FIRMWARE_1.01.ZIP" but they're not in zip format, they're raw lif (binary) files. It is smart to provide them in zip format but someone's got to fix the files on the website to correct them.

Also, one of the firmware files is damaged somehow, I've tried a hundred different ways to test it and the 1.01 file won't work. I attempted to return my system to original status so that I could experiment with it and do the upgrades slowly instead of jumping to where I was (at 1.04) but ran into those problems.

I just validated your findings and am escalating this to "the powers that be" ;)

The files on support.dlink.com point back to ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DNS-325/ and it looks like the source files have the same issues when accessed directly. The appropriate D-Link resources were notified. This type of issue is usually resolved rather quickly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:57:15 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC