• March 28, 2024, 06:43:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!  (Read 186478 times)

Agent007PR

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »

If you PM'ed Lycan your personal info before, you should be getting another PM back asking for your email.  ;)

Still waiting...

d01100100

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2009, 05:37:57 PM »

OK, well, this is a puzzle then, isn't it? We're having _almost_ no post-1.20 success stories with A1 hardware.

Depends on what you define as success.

I have an A1 router.  It has also locked up twice now with 1.20, but I can also demonstrate 10-12 day uptimes.  After my last bout with it locking up due to running out of memory, I'm playing around with the log functions to see if I can isolate that issue.  Unlike everyone else though who I believe has an A1, my router had major issues with every firmware between 1.02 and 1.20.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2009, 05:40:27 PM »

Well lycan pm'd me for my email and told me he was swapping out my a1 with an a2.  I'm hoping that it will behave better than my a1 has.  Just today with only two days uptime on 1.20 my son and I were trying to play css at the same time.  It locked up the router forcing me to power cycle it to get going again.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2009, 06:42:12 PM »

My A2 that got switched out did not work at all.  I NEVER had reboot problems, however the WAN slowed down, and locked me out of LAN as well.  More than likely your A2 will come shipped with 1.12.  After that, go ahead and stick with 1.15.  Do not go to 1.16, and definitely do not go to 1.2x+

bluegrass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »

??? Info was sent on the 18th, no PM received...yet. I've been following all of these threads since day one waiting for the fix to come.
Now mama ain't happy,(with the network) so nobody's happy. Please help!

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »

Actually 1.16b worked best for me of all the post 1.02 fw I've used.  I'm hoping that the new unit will behave correctly and I will be able to stop babysitting it.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »

Reinvented, Is your A2 working as it should?

I posted a new Thread question in the 4500 forum but the Mods removed it. Not sure why I feel it's a valid question and I broke no rules so here it goes.

I sent in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) against D-link and within 24 hours they responded that my router was defective and they sent me an RMA A2 with 1.12FW. I'm worried that the A2 routers are having the same problems as the A1 but I'm not sure.
  • What are the differences in the Hardware version for the 4500?
  • Are there others in here with the A2 having these problems?
  • What firmware is most successful with the A2 hardware?
  • Can the 1.12 be downgraded? I know 1.15 can't but not sure about 1.12

The A2 router should be here soon, I'll post if it works as it should or not here.
My complaint is still active but I have updated it with D-links response which I found positive, at least compared to here and the support numbers I've wasted hours on.  I will keep this complaint active until my issues are completely resolved.

I Call On Nerds Everywhere And Trash Egos Regularly   

No, my A2 does not work with 1.2x +

There are no hardware differences at all.  Just different shipping firmware.  Most people here, and should have an A1.  1.12 can not be downgraded to 1.02.  1.12 was just as bad.  The best out of all of these so far, would definitely have to be 1.15.  Again, as I mentioned - stick with that.

hikari

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2009, 11:32:57 PM »

Back from vacation I do have an A1 and info has been PMed to Lycan

phat78boy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »

After about 3 days of uptime, complete lock up. I was able to get the above screen shot by disabling all of my wireless devices and using a ethernet connected computer to get into admin pages. I got several disconnects in trying to do so and had to refresh the page several times to get any info to show up.

Butcher

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »

I have PM'd Lycan, with my info, and yes its an A1

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »

Don't worry, we will get through this, though I will caution that name calling against mods will get your forum privileges revoked, there is simply no call for it EVER.    As I have said before, they guys here to help you on D-Links payroll don't even get to influence these things directly, abuse to them will not be tolerated.

Also, I realize that I am not going to be responding to the person who made the statement, but I still feel the need to respond to it.  This forum is a community for users to help each other, the mods here are not a Tech Support team for your fora pleasure.  If you want to complain call customer service, if you want to have a problem troubleshoot call technical support.

D-Link is under no onus to respond to anything on these boards, the mods post as themselves, they ban as D-Link agents.  We are given the freedom to speak as ourselves, and we participate where it amuses us to do so, or where we think we can help.  Every D-Linker could quit posting right now and we would not be violating anyone's expectations.  If you need to communicate with D-Link, use one of the above numbers.  If you want to communicate with experienced users of the same products you use (regardless of their status as D-Link employees or not) then I suggest you act in a civil manner and enjoy the forums we are all building together.

Thank you those of you taking the level-headed approach.  You are the users who make this forum possible.

I was trying to say this in an earlier thread - all the hating and clamoring for a fix - yes, we're *all* frustrated - but thanks for putting it so eloquently that the boards here are *discussion* forums and not lunatic ranting forums.

To make matters worse it just occurred to me (as the DS does not support WPA) that means you are either running no security (not a great idea in most circumstances) or are running WEP (which also pre-empts Draft N also).

Yeah, I have a few issues with a couple of iPaqs (HX 2490C) that I have upgraded the OS on but that "supposedly can use WPA" but in actuality only use WEP....I learned the hard way that N and WEP don't mix.

If you PM'ed Lycan your personal info before, you should be getting another PM back asking for your email.  ;)

Still waiting...

Me too - I was one of the very first ones to send the info.

If the email has already been sent it is entirely possible that it went to my junk box - but that has well over 1000 msgs right now.... -(

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »

Well after two days of uptime my router just rebooted all by itself while I was playing css which kind of upset me.  This is all so very lame and needs to corrected quickly.

ray3rd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »

Any news ? Any news at all ?

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »

I've been doing some serious testing on my DGL-4500. After experimenting with various settings The router was experiencing a rare form of lucid operation. It was running for a few days with numbers I had never seen before IE: Rates holding stable at 300mb/s at signal strengths at 100% my downloads were outstanding and my Tx / Rx drop packets were virtually nil. I thought  I had hit on the correct combination of settings. But alas it didn't last! This piece of equipment ( I'm being generous calling it that ) has a mind of it's own. I'm at the end of my rope. GOLLY

Abiosis

• Level 1 Member
  • Wrath Soul
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

The last time I turned off my router (DGL-4500) was 3 weeks ago while I need to replace my old power strip with a new one...and i just checked the router status and uptime 's stable still today...

don't get me wrong...I'm not try to pouring gasoline into the fire in this Firmware issue,

as a consumer, just want to raise a question why changing the whole firmware structure in the first place that DGL-4500 users need to take risk to update their firmware version,if something goes wrong, then can't switch back to default firmware version? ...

I'm glad that I did a reseach before I bought this router and simply just use it right out of box and never touch the firmware update (But in the other way,it's not sounds right either...JMHO
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:30:34 AM by Abiosis »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19