• April 19, 2024, 05:27:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!  (Read 187206 times)

phat78boy

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »

Using A1 hardware here also.

dageek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »

Well I was gonna offer to beta test this since I too am a victim but frankly I've seen enough.   I recommend everyone immediately file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org

This will light some fires under D-Link and have a very negative effect on business if they don't handle their business.   My router was running fine at 1.15 for months without a reboot, I upgraded last week and well now ya know the rest of the story.   What's criminal about this is is they still have it on the website knowing full well there is a problem.

I just filed my complaint and I recommend everyone else do the same ASAP.   They have an obligation to immediately replace these routers for down rev versions that work at their expense.   We should accept nothing less!

dageek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »

BTW also using A1

grove

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2009, 01:23:31 AM »

yep A1
and pls dont forget the 3 day reset issue

Butcher

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2009, 01:55:24 AM »

WOW I've read through this entire thread, and am convinced that being in the beta will bring more problems, Hell no! I beta tested 1.20 and that was just horrid to my wireless, now theirs packets drops off the wazoo! OMG just give us a rollback to 1.02 and call it a day, and maybe release a new model with this upcoming FW your working on, and no ones the wiser, its that simple. No need to stress yourself over this Ru-Fi-Oh, just give us rollback, thats all that is needed for resolution.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2009, 02:54:50 AM »

While that may seem like a lot I have been on these boards to see the big fail from 1.02 and now another large one with 1.20.  The others in between weren't great but they did function.  1.02 and 1.20 are the ones that stand out as about the worst Quality testing I have seen from a company.

? 1.02 just as bad as 1.20. You sure thats what you meant? Anyone can look back a few pages and see the fall came when people upgrade to f/w after 1.02. Remember 1.03 and 1.10...

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2009, 04:56:32 AM »

too many people skim through all these posts an think they know it all.  Not enough have tried actually using all the different variations out there, but only notice the problems when they perform an upgrade, and then immediately blame D-Link for the problems they are encountering.  I wish all the folks that are posting the same hogwash in multiple forums would take 2 seconds to read the posts again - they'll see that it is the Ubicom f/w that was r-written that is causing the issues, and also that the f/w was written on *their* end to not allow downgrading.

Therefore,

1)  D-Link (along with other companies) are suffering the consequences of this Ubicom mistake, and

2)  D-Link cannot offer the downgrade as it is not them who forced the non-downgradeable upgrade on their routers.

Please wake up and smell the coffee and really read *carefully* what is going on.  attacking D-Link, the mods here, trolling, etc. is only going to get you banned, instead of getting you the solution.

The call of hardware revision numbers means something is up with the PM team - they are looking at it in a new light now, and patience is all that is required.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »

too many people skim through all these posts an think they know it all.  Not enough have tried actually using all the different variations out there, but only notice the problems when they perform an upgrade, and then immediately blame D-Link for the problems they are encountering.  I wish all the folks that are posting the same hogwash in multiple forums would take 2 seconds to read the posts again - they'll see that it is the Ubicom f/w that was r-written that is causing the issues, and also that the f/w was written on *their* end to not allow downgrading.

Therefore,

1)  D-Link (along with other companies) are suffering the consequences of this Ubicom mistake, and

2)  D-Link cannot offer the downgrade as it is not them who forced the non-downgradeable upgrade on their routers.

Please wake up and smell the coffee and really read *carefully* what is going on.  attacking D-Link, the mods here, trolling, etc. is only going to get you banned, instead of getting you the solution.

The call of hardware revision numbers means something is up with the PM team - they are looking at it in a new light now, and patience is all that is required.

First line really set the tone of a BS rant coming. had me laughing

1) The ones who are suffering (really wouldn't use that word but ok) is the end-user not D-Link

2) This has been said over and over and over by different people...as in its old news.

I myself and a few others have been waiting "patiently" for over a year now...

I will ask this of you. Did you actually read what you posted?

Chunk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »

Therefore,

adding to  Anon's  REPLY ROFL...ah..So true.

Anyway I'll just add this:

1. My router says D-Link on it
2. D-link got my $$$
3. Where's the Support for consumers at Ubicom.com

Where anywhere on the packaging, literature, or router itself does it say for support contact Ubicom...It doesn't. 

This is D-links responsibility, they are the ones who should have tested this "base code" from Ubicom more thoroughly prior to it's release, D-link is the one with Ubicom Support not us, and they should be Flaming Ubicom's forums IF IN FACT ubicom is at fault.

It's rather easy to point the finger at someone else, especially when consumers have no real way of verifying claims.

Ubicom's error or not THIS IS 100% D-LINKS RESPONSIBILITY

*did you read that carefully?*
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:51:01 AM by Chunk »
Hey Mikey! If you can hear me, RUN!

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »

? 1.02 just as bad as 1.20. You sure thats what you meant? Anyone can look back a few pages and see the fall came when people upgrade to f/w after 1.02. Remember 1.03 and 1.10...

What I meant was the move from 1.02. Not the 1.02 itself.  I would love to go back to 1.02 which was the best version I have seen. It's been downhill after 1.02.

Chunk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »

If you haven't done so already, please PM Lycan the serial number of your A1 unit.

I've sent mine, just curious what's the game plan with the SN#'s? Recall, refund, special SN based update based on A1 hardware...what? :)  Thanks.
Hey Mikey! If you can hear me, RUN!

Routers

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:57 PM »

I'm curious about the game plan as well. I sent a pm with my A1 Serial number yesterday.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

OK so after looking through this thread I've gathered all the common issues all of you have posted. Please feel let me know if I've missed anything.

RELATED ISSUES EVERYONE IS HAVING:
- TX dropped packets in the wireless as well of RX packets

- 3+ hours of wired and wireless use the unit becomes
unresponsive. (Cannot access router GUI, web pages don’t load and Latency)

- Gaming is still having lots of disconnect issues,
and high latency

- UPnP Functionality issues.

- Quirks with the CAPTCHA authentication

Also to confirm is everyone here using A1 hardware?

Using H/W Ver. A1 S/N F3OB179002646
These are my stats after approx. 15 mins. of up time after reboot of router using f/w 1.21 beta

LAN STATISTICS

Sent :5953
TX Packets Dropped :3
Collisions :0
Received :0
RX Packets Dropped :0
Errors :0
WAN STATISTICS

Sent :1642
TX Packets Dropped :0
Collisions :0
Received :52644
Errors :0
WIRELESS STATISTICS

Sent :50278
TX Packets Dropped :10
Received :48550
Errors :816

ray3rd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

Sent s/n. Had to reboot again today.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:03:50 PM by ray3rd »

grove

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »

1.quirks with the CAPTCHA authentication
2.UPnP functionality
3.The wireless speeds suck still,
and performance drops off almost immediately.
4.N is just completely messed up, and for some reason in
the Status page, it ALWAYS shows a channel
difference of 4 channels, since 802.11N requires
channel bonding to TWO channels.
5.Gaming is still having lots of disconnect issues,
and high latency.
6.Wireless, and that was decently okay for gaming.
The spikes still happen, very badly.
Doesn't quite lock me out of wan, but the latency gets so bad,
that I check the tab, and it shows it's broadcasting
and connecting at around 18 Mbps.
That's pretty bad, and really needs to be fixed.
7.Network connected HDTV that used to get speeds in the 240-270 mbps range
on wireless-N (5GHz) with firmware 1.15 and below now only gets 6-13
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19