• April 25, 2024, 09:54:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!  (Read 187453 times)

DLP

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware 1.21 Beta Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »

My router just locked up (1.21). Couldn't even access the administration page. Had to power cycle.

This is awful.

Fearreality

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 01:22:43 PM »

How many PCs does everyone have connected? Wireless? Wired? xBox? PS3?

Magno99900

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

Wired: 1 PC, 1 Slingbox, and 1 Satellite Receiver

Wireless: 4 Laptops and 3 Towers (XP, Vista, and Win7)

Fearreality

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »

I have:
1 WebSTAR DPC2100R2 Modem
1 Linksys wrt310n Router
1 D-Link dgl-4500 Router
1 D-Link dgs-2208 Switch
1 xBox wireless (wired didn't make a difference)
1 wired tower with 64bit XP SP3
2 wired towers with Server 2003 SP1
1 wired tower with Suse 11.1 as server
1 wireless laptop with XP SP2
1 wireless laptop with XP SP3
1 wireless laptop with Vista
1 wireless laptop with Windows 7/Suse 11.3 as client
All of the towers have gigabit NICs (mixed brands)
All of the wireless have G (mixed brands)

DLP

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 01:54:20 PM »

Two wired, up to four wireless devices.

Only one wired device is doing much in the way of traffic.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 02:13:37 PM »

I am only using two wired pc's right now with wireless disabled.  This is such a terrible situation that d-link has us all in.  It's obvious that they didn't test the router for any length of time before they released this fw into the wild.

D-link should immediately allow for us to roll back to an earlier fw version and be required to not develop any code that will prevent you from rolling back to a previous version.

Fearreality

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

So far with everyone that posted, it doesn't seem the amount of PC's is the cause. What brand cards are in your wired devices?? And for everyone else what brands are their wireless? I've had terrible results with Atheros cards in my laptops so I replaced them with broadcom and my speeds doubled with half the error rate.

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »

I am only using two wired pc's right now with wireless disabled.  This is such a terrible situation that d-link has us all in.  It's obvious that they didn't test the router for any length of time before they released this fw into the wild.

D-link should immediately allow for us to roll back to an earlier fw version and be required to not develop any code that will prevent you from rolling back to a previous version.

I agree with this.  Again I really feel for people that have no other option.  I grew very tired of it all last night and upgraded my wrt54g with the latest dd-wrt and it's working great.  Why I don't just stay there I have no idea.  Actually thinking of putting dd-wrt on the other 3 access points I have running 2 of which are a bridge.  We shall see how stable it stays for the next week or so first I guess. 

For those that only have 1 router is who it really sucks for.  My father in-law uses the internet and I got really tired of him calling saying he couldn't get on only to find out I didn't set a timer to reboot my dgl-4500.  I also still have my dgl-4300.  It was so solid that I just don't know what to think on the 4500.  Maybe it's time to dump them and just stick with something else but I won't be going back to linksys either as had nothing but problems with one of their routers they let out way to early and I got duped on that one.

Really nice thing is the ongoing PSP-PS3 issue I worked with D-Link on for quite some time until they stopped responding works perfect with the dd-wrt. I'm actually connected to my ps3 from my psp right now as I type this. 

Also IMO DLink is at the point if not way past it of offering some sort of trade in to customers of the 4500.  While that may seem like a lot I have been on these boards to see the big fail from 1.02 and now another large one with 1.20.  The others in between weren't great but they did function.  1.02 and 1.20 are the ones that stand out as about the worst Quality testing I have seen from a company.  While I know they apologize that it happened it still happened and I have a hard time imagining what's going on behind the wall of the corporate office and the people involved.  If it is Ubicom then DLink needs to put together an official statement and either take the blame or give it but something needs to happen on a higher level than some beta forums with a few mods updating the affected that even know where to find this info.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:31:23 PM by MPDamon »

Magno99900

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »

As far as my wired PC it's an intel gigabit nic.

And the wireless cards are mixed: Atheros, Ralink, Belkin, Intel, and Linksys. All Wireless G

arod

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

OK so after looking through this thread I've gathered all the common issues all of you have posted. Please feel let me know if I've missed anything.

RELATED ISSUES EVERYONE IS HAVING:
- TX dropped packets in the wireless as well of RX packets

- 3+ hours of wired and wireless use the unit becomes
unresponsive. (Cannot access router GUI, web pages don’t load and Latency)

- Gaming is still having lots of disconnect issues,
and high latency

- UPnP Functionality issues.

- Quirks with the CAPTCHA authentication

Also to confirm is everyone here using A1 hardware?

kenshinhimura

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »

Yes Ru Fi Oh.
We're using A1 hardware.

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh:

Yes, A1 version for me as well.  I have 2 always on PCs connected, one via dual Gigabit NICs directly into the router, and the second via a single Gigabit NIC connected through the earlier mentioned NetGear Gigabit switch.  I also have an always on (but mostly idle / sleeping) Brother Networked printer, Model HL-5250DN, attached through same Gigabit switch, and I have a 3rd PC and a laptop that occasionally connect, both by wired connections, one through the Gigabit switch and the other via direct connection into the router.

The laptop also has wireless N capabilities, so I sometimes use it via wireless.  The iPAQs I mentioned in my last post only support wireless B, but I have my router set to Mixed more (G + N) and I get pretty similar results in terms of connectivity and packet loss on the wired connections regardless of wireless on or off.  Honestly, though, I do see a *lot* of dropped packets on wireless if I add B into the mix and connect my iPAQs, but in GN mode it seems to not affect my overall usability versus N only or wireless disabled.

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »

I'm using Hardware Revision A1 and have been waiting patiently for a fixed firmware.
Currently running 1.20 b3 (or what ever the last 1.2 was) - I didn't dare to update to the release or the newest beta.

I'm getting issues with the wireless too.

BTW.......

In the DGL-4500 Configuration Menu under the Advanced Tab, under Gaming, I see you list PlayStation and Xbox, BUT... There is no entries for Nintendo Wii in the Application Name pull down menu.
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »

Using A1 here plus I sent you pm with my sn.

Agent007PR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2009, 04:41:37 PM »

I an A1 and 4 wireless clients. Also to be noted are the issues with shareport and logging. Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19