• March 28, 2024, 05:52:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: local network only?  (Read 5433 times)

taylord

• Level 1 Member
local network only?
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »

I bought the d-link wireless n router like a month or so ago i hooked it up went through all the setup stuff and it worked fine.. for a while. Now when i am using it it constantly cuts to local connection only. i either have to go onto the routers page disconnect my wan and renew it or i have to go into network and sharing on my computer and reset my network adapter for it to go back to local and internet, the sometimes less than a minute sometimes a couple hours later but it always happens it goes to local connection only again. it is really frustrating d-links support was no help. I have no clue how to fix it. does anyone know whats going on?

thanks.

taylord

• Level 1 Member
Re: local network only?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »

no one?

thexfile

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »

no one?
Everybody who updated their firmware with 1.22 is having problems and D-Link is keeping quite about the f-up for now.

My DIR-628 is setting on the shelf until the firmware is fixed.

I did pick up a SMCWGBR14-N Barricade™ N ProMax Wireless 4-port Gigabit Broadband Router at newegg and it's working great.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129184&Tpk=SMCWGBR14-N

kevinkar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »

I bought a new DIR-628 and immediately updated to the latest firmware which I see might have been a mistake as I can't get Access Control Policies to work using MAC addresses and instead have to use IP addresses.  This negates the use of DHCP and I have to assign static IP addresses for the machines against which I want the policy to run (daughter's machine).

Since I did not initially try this with the original FW, I can't say for sure it was due to 1.22.

To be fair, I also bought a new Linksys WRT400N which apparently displays the same issue though slightly different - if I create a policy for ONE machine, it apparently applies it to ALL machines.  So, blocking my daughter also blocks me.  I was using MAC addresses there too so perhaps I need to try by IP and see if it blocks her and allows me.

Two brand new routers that both display incorrect/unexpected behavior insofar as access control policies are concerned.

I finally got contacted by D-Link who had me check to see if I had MAC address filtering enabled and had the PC included in that list (I did) but did not address the MAC fails versus IP works issue.

Kevin

taylord

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »

Everybody who updated their firmware with 1.22 is having problems and D-Link is keeping quite about the f-up for now.

My DIR-628 is setting on the shelf until the firmware is fixed.

I did pick up a SMCWGBR14-N Barricade™ N ProMax Wireless 4-port Gigabit Broadband Router at newegg and it's working great.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129184&Tpk=SMCWGBR14-N

alright thanks, i even contacted them and they like gave me answers to generic problems i wasnt having. i guess ill just have to wait?