• March 28, 2024, 12:19:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 628 Issues with dhcp reservations computer list  (Read 7046 times)

dhaup

• Level 1 Member
DIR 628 Issues with dhcp reservations computer list
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »

I've just bought (7/1/09) a DIR 628 and I'm having an issue with the computer list not being populated on the dhcp reservations.  I have dhcp server enabled and I have restricted the ip address's to 7, starting from 100 - 106.  It seems when I reboot my computer that I access the router web page from, the list is populated.  However,  once I set one to a reserved IP address and click save setting, the list is not populated anymore and I just see "<<".  I just wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue or better yet has a fix for it.

Shreyakith

• Level 1 Member
    • antivirusops
Re: DIR 628 Issues with dhcp reservations computer list
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 01:58:19 AM »

DHCP Reservation is used to assign a specific IP address to a specific MAC address on the LAN.

To do so, use the following steps:

Step 1: Open a web browser and type the IP address of the DIR series router into the address bar (default is http://192.168.0.1).

Step 2: The default username is admin (all lower case) and the default password is blank (leave empty) unless one has been assign. Click on OK.

Step 3: Click on the Setup tab at the top and then click on Network Settings on the left-hand side.

Step 4: Scroll down to Add DHCP Reservation.

Step 5: Input a desired name and address. Click the Copy Your PC’s MAC Address button if you want to reserve for the computer in use. You may click on the Reserve link if available to the client you are reserving the IP address.

Note: If the Reservation address you’re creating is not for the machine that you are working from or not listed, you’ll need to obtain the MAC address of that machine.

Step 6: Click on the Save button then on Save Settings to apply your new settings.