• April 18, 2024, 07:17:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cloudy Nightvision  (Read 4199 times)

mustangchris04

• Level 2 Member
Cloudy Nightvision
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »

Just purchased a DCS-7010L and installed it in replacement of a Logitech Alert camera. The camera is in the same exact position as the old camera. The nighvision on the camera is very cloudy, not much contrast, and not very clear.

Here is a snapshot of the old Logitech alert camera: http://screencast.com/t/zgobwxNM9

Here is the DCS-7010L: http://screencast.com/t/2XkBFEyN

Is this poor nightvision quality something I should expect with these cameras?

kurt_n

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cloudy Nightvision
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »

It looks like you have the IR intensity set too high for the distance you're interested in. If you go to the page where you manage your IR control, you'll see a drop-down box where you can set the intensity of the IR lighting. More than likely, yours is set to "high" or something like that. Experiment with the lower level settings and I think you'll find something more to your liking.

mustangchris04

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »

Thanks, this helped a bit. I was able to play with the image settings and was able to get an image almost as good as the Logitech Alert camera, but then when the day time comes the image is not the best. Is there a way to have a separate image profile for when the nightvision is enabled?

kurt_n

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:53:11 AM »

I'm not really sure about the different profiles. But have you tried setting the ICR and IR Light (in the 'Advanced' tab) so that the IR and the IR-Cut filter are turned off during the day? You want the ICR setting to "Automatic" and the IR Light setting to "Sync with ICR". With that setting, you should get good day time shots since the IR is not on during the day and you're not shooting video through the IR filter. Then when night comes, the IR circuitry turns on. You'll get some weird images during the changeover at dawn and dusk, but I've found the daytime images to be great.

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »

Try using low_noise under exposure control however it doesnt work very good for daytime hours. There is no way to have seperate profiles in image setup. Pretty sure that is something that has been asked for in the past.

thanks
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L