• March 29, 2024, 08:28:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: CNN Live  (Read 13062 times)

Mark_KF8RV

• Level 2 Member
CNN Live
« on: September 26, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

I'd like to learn from this group whether or not this product works with CNN Live.

I am able to imagine that this products somehow uses a built-in browser.

I'm thinking of buying this media streamer for my parents who would use it to watch CNN Live and the online 700 Club religious broadcast, etc. 

I just don't know whether this product will stream what they'd try to use it for.

I've never used a media stream; therefore, I don't have a clue whether it'll work outside of the NetFlix, Hulu, YouTube services.  My parents wouldn't use it for that stuff.

Thanks.

Mark.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: CNN Live
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the DSM-310 has the capacity to expand the channel options beyond YouTube, Netflix, and Vudu.  The DSM-312, however, contains a much broader array of content, although I do not know if "CNN Live" in particular is available.  I believe the additional content (i.e. apps/channels) on the DSM-312 is the distinguishing factor between the two models.

Please see the following DSM-312 review which contains screenshots illustrating the types of apps that are available: DSM-312 Reviews
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:01:26 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC