• March 28, 2024, 03:37:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1100-24  (Read 5097 times)

mario554

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1100-24
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm french, so sorry for my bad english but I hope you can help me ! I'm trying to configure my switch but I'm totaly lost...

Here my situation :
- Modem/router ADSL + Tv box : Freebox V6 (RJ45 only)
- severals RJ45 in the house for PCs, Playstation 4, etc...
- A WiFi access point
I'm trying de create 2 or 3 VLANs (to my researchs till now, the Freebox Server and Player must be linked on a different VLAN, tagged, than the other stuff) but I don't find the way  :(

Please...   :-[

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DGS-1100-24
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »

Welcome!

is there any set up and configuration information regarding VLAN configurations in the user manual?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

PacketTracer

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »

Hi,

unfortunately you didn't tell, what communication should still be possible after you have connected your devices to different VLANs. But I guess, you want to form groups of devices via VLANs (one separate VLAN per device group), where devices sharing the same group (VLAN) can talk to each other and to the Internet but not to devices that belong to another device group (other VLAN). Right?

There are two possible VLAN based solutions depending on the properties/features of your router and your DGS switch:

• If your router provides a LAN IP-interface that allows to configure logical IP-subinterfaces (one per VLAN), you could configure a so called VLAN trunk for the physical Ethernet link between the router's LAN port and the corresponding DGS switchport. The effect is, that you would (logically) connect several different IP networks (one per VLAN) to your router via a single physical link. Alternatively, your router could provide several (different) LAN IP interfaces which you connect to different DGS switchports each of them configured as an "Access Port" for a different VLAN. In addition your router would need firewall functionality to allow the configuration of firewall rulesets that allow the communication to the Internet for any IP network/VLAN, but block any traffic between IP networks/VLANs or at least provide the opportunity to limit IP traffic between selected devices connected to different IP networks/VLANs. Ich your router is capable of being configured this way, you have to configure "Access Ports" for the different VLANs and eventually a VLAN "Trunk Port" for the single physical DGS port, your router is connected to. For VLAN basics in this case see the similar cases described here, here or here.

• Otherwise, and this is most likely, if your router doesn't exhibit the features as described in the last bullet, you could alternatively configure so called asymmetric VLANs provided this is supported by your DGS model (see the user manual). With asymmetic VLANs it is possible, that devices can be grouped into several VLANs (where the router's DGS port is an "Access Port" for all VLANs simultaneously), that share the same IP network. This isolates devices of different VLANs from each other but still allows use of the Internet for every device. A description of how to configure asymmetric VLANs can be found for example here.

PT
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:05:01 AM by PacketTracer »

mario554

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »

Welcome!

is there any set up and configuration information regarding VLAN configurations in the user manual?

I'm perfect newbie ! So the user manual don"t explain enough how to do it :(

Hi,

unfortunately you didn't tell, what communication should still be possible after you have connected your devices to different VLANs. But I guess, you want to form groups of devices via VLANs (one separate VLAN per device group), where devices sharing the same group (VLAN) can talk to each other and to the Internet but not to devices that belong to another device group (other VLAN). Right?

There are two possible VLAN based solutions depending on the properties/features of your router and your DGS switch:

• If your router provides a LAN IP-interface that allows to configure logical IP-subinterfaces (one per VLAN), you could configure a so called VLAN trunk for the physical Ethernet link between the router's LAN port and the corresponding DGS switchport. The effect is, that you would (logically) connect several different IP networks (one per VLAN) to your router via a single physical link. Alternatively, your router could provide several (different) LAN IP interfaces which you connect to different DGS switchports each of them configured as an "Access Port" for a different VLAN. In addition your router would need firewall functionality to allow the configuration of firewall rulesets that allow the communication to the Internet for any IP network/VLAN, but block any traffic between IP networks/VLANs or at least provide the opportunity to limit IP traffic between selected devices connected to different IP networks/VLANs. Ich your router is capable of being configured this way, you have to configure "Access Ports" for the different VLANs and eventually a VLAN "Trunk Port" for the single physical DGS port, your router is connected to. For VLAN basics in this case see the similar cases described here, here or here.

• Otherwise, and this is most likely, if your router doesn't exhibit the features as described in the last bullet, you could alternatively configure so called asymmetric VLANs provided this is supported by your DGS model (see the user manual). With asymmetic VLANs it is possible, that devices can be grouped into several VLANs (where the router's DGS port is an "Access Port" for all VLANs simultaneously), that share the same IP network. This isolates devices of different VLANs from each other but still allows use of the Internet for every device. A description of how to configure asymmetric VLANs can be found for example here.

PT

Well, in fact I need :

- VLAN 1 : My Router and the tv box
- VLAN 2 : the other devices.

The 2 VLAN need internet access. The tv box need to communicate with the others devices because it's a NAS too.

I keep searching and I tried a setup with a port-based VLAN like this :
VLAN 1 : eth1 to eth24
VLAN 2 : eth1 to eth2 (router + tv box)
VLAN 3 : eth 2 to eth24.

It seems to be good for now. I have connection and full speed. But I thought I had to setup tagged and untagged ports on the DGS but I didn't cause I don't know where it is... However, it look like good for now ...  :o