D-Link Mobile Apps > D-Link Wi-Fi App

Access D-link Wi-Fi app through internet

(1/3) > >>

johnzrunner:
Hello, I recently bought a Dir-2660 router. The D-link wi-fi app is working properly when I am connected directly to the router, however I cannot access it out of the house.

D-Link Cloud Service is registered, and I can see my device when I login to sso.dlink.com, but when opening the app outside the house I receive the following prompt:
Disable your cellural data and enable your mobile device's Wi-Fi until the device setup process is complete.

Is there something I can do, maybe forward a port, to access my D-link through the internet?

P.S. the D-link defend app properly sees which devices are online when I am out of the house.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Which cell phone provider do you use? ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon?

Raymond Cox:
I have some kind of experience using Netgear and Marcus. But I don't know much about D-Link router yet. During  a few days I am thinking to buy D-Link routher for me. What is your thought?

nullname:
I have the same problem that I can't access D-link WiFi outside my router's range.
And, here's my info:
router: dir-x5460
firmware: 1.04
region: USA

isp: verizon fios
isp modem mfr actiontec
     model# MI424WR-GEN3I

cellphone provider: t-mobile

Thanks!

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on February 07, 2020, 06:15:00 AM ---Link>Welcome!

* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Which cell phone provider do you use? ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon?

--- End quote ---

GreenBay42:
The WiFi app is currently for local only. D-Link is working on remote access for 2021 on some devices. You can enable remote access via the web UI and use that remotely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version