• March 28, 2024, 04:07:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446545 times)

mai42356

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

FIX THE MICROPHONE OUTPUT SO THAT IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!!!!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »

FIX THE MICROPHONE OUTPUT SO THAT IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!!!!!!

Can you please elaborate?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:30 AM »

Is the firmware update 1.10.2729 is out! (In the UK at least...)
No details on what is new in this update beside security fixes.
http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dcs-5222l-pan-tilt-zoom-cloud-camera

942LCamera

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »

Any release notes for firmware 1.11

KARNAG3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

Where did you see a firmware 1.11?

hightower01

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2013, 07:18:33 AM »

Hello,
yesterday i could update the firmware to V1.11 (Build2825).
The IR illuminators still are on while camera is in privacy mode.
I logged in to mydlink.com and it say there is a update for my DCS-5222L.
Actually no change log

manand

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »

I would be good to add the Auto Patrol Feature. Since when you use the camera with the DNR it does the patrol 1 time and then stops.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 05:13:44 AM »

I would be good to add the Auto Patrol Feature. Since when you use the camera with the DNR it does the patrol 1 time and then stops.

Can you please elaborate further?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • General - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Improve Linux browser support
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Schedule privacy mode
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB
  • Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

Acumen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »

Hi,
As a new user of the DNS-5222L I am pleased to see a lot of my wishes are already listed. I checked the DNS-5222L Wishlist on the 1.10 firmware and the following features/bugfixes seem implemented:

• Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96) - Equals the movie size now.

• Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position - Not sure what the problem was, but it now returns to the custom home position.

• General - HTTPS support - There is HTTPS support.

• General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9 - Not sure what the problem was, but live view at full screen equals my widescreen laptop

• Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode - This is embedded only as a general setting, prefer to have it set as some sort of custom night mode

And in addition to the current wish-list, I'd be pleased if there is a WiFi signal indicator at the status page. The web UI was performing terrible, but since I moved the router a bit and increased the WiFi signal, things are way better.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:23:43 PM by Acumen »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

Hi,
As a new user of the DNS-5222L I am pleased to see a lot of my wishes are already listed. I checked the DNS-5222L Wishlist on the 1.10 firmware and the following features/bugfixes seem implemented:

• Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96) - Equals the movie size now.

• Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position - Not sure what the problem was, but it now returns to the custom home position.

• General - HTTPS support - There is HTTPS support.

• General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9 - Not sure what the problem was, but live view at full screen equals my widescreen laptop

• Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode - This is embedded only as a general setting, prefer to have it set as some sort of custom night mode

And in addition to the current wish-list, I'd be pleased if there is a WiFi signal indicator at the status page. The web UI was performing terrible, but since I moved the router a bit and increased the WiFi signal, things are way better.

Cheers!

Thanks for your contribution. I will update the wishlist accordingly.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • General - Wireless signal strength indicator on the Status page
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)

• Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9

Acumen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2013, 07:51:52 AM »

I noticed this one is 'fixed' too:
It can be found at Setup --> Network (WebUI)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:58:43 AM by Acumen »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2013, 08:02:52 AM »

I noticed this one is 'fixed' too:
It can be found at Setup --> Network (WebUI)

Thanks again! Updated.  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Wireless signal strength indicator on the Status page

• Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96)
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15