• April 15, 2024, 11:24:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Ultimate and home premium both lost DNS 323  (Read 2652 times)

buck351

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 Ultimate and home premium both lost DNS 323
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »

I first had this happen on my netbook with win7 home premium 64bit.  I restore the drive with a backup and got the nas boxes back on the network.  Then two months later the problem came back of win7 not seeing the nas boxes and it also happened on the pc with ultimate 64 bit.   Reboots don't help the system just doesn't see the nas boxes.  The nas boxes are both running 1.08.  Now some how one drive appeared back on the Ultimate version but nothing else.  Seems like both version of Win7 stop seeing the nas boxes after some period months.  Sure wish I knew what was changing to cause this.

Here's what I know
Home Premium version:
-Shows the nas boxes iscon for the web interface
-I can ping them with the IP address
-I can't map them with the IP address

Ultimate machine
-can't access a shared folder on Vista machine that is read only/everyone but the xp machine access it fine.
-also doesn't see the nas boxes

Other info
-Another machine with vista 64 sees them fine and has no problems with the nas boxes
-XP machines have not problems with the nas boxes
-Login on the nas box matches Windows 7 machines

Any hlep is appreciated.

Edit:Ultimate came back on it's one but Home Premium still can't access DNS323 boxes.  Still at a loss for the problem.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:08:21 PM by buck351 »

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
Re: Windows 7 Ultima and home premium both lost DNS 323
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »

I'd guess this may be master browser issues.  I noticed some time ago that the DNS-323 insists on being the Master Browser, so I modified the SAMBA config file to prevent that.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.