• April 26, 2024, 06:13:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-855, Wireless transfers lock up then start again - Poor through put.  (Read 3076 times)

jackbrennan2008

• Level 1 Member

DIR-855, Hardware Version A2, Firmware 1.11EU (Have tried a bunch of firmware including some from US.)

Hi there,

On my network i have a pc filled with pictures, videos and documents. For the last year i have been able to transfer files over the wireless network, but lately i cannot do it any more.

When i start a file transfer it will begin transferring at 11-15 mega bytes a second and then the transfer will freeze and resume after about 30 seconds. The same thing happens when i stream video, the video will play for a few minutes then freeze and then keep playing again.

I had a look in the statistics page and i found that i am getting Errors and dropped RX and TX packets.

I am only using the 2.4ghz wireless with WPA2 - AES - CH 11 - Auto 20/40mhz - Transmission rate Automatic - Forced to Wireless N

I have tuned off WISH and QOS which didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

I'm considering getting a new router if the problem can't be fixed. The ability to stream music and videos are extremely important to me so i'm hoping i can fix the problem and save some cash :)

JPF12

• Level 1 Member

Where did you buy it? So, is it an European or American router?

Do not **** up your European router with NA firmware. Use the latest (1.21EUb01) EU firmware in an European router. Use the latest NA in an American router.

Reset the router after you loaded the EU FW to factory defaults. Do not mess up the adjustments and leave them default.

Only change the wireless to 2.4 only, N-only, WPA2 AES and if your adapter can handle it: to 40 MHz only.
Offcourse your PC or laptop adapter need to be in good shape too!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:27:30 AM by JPF12 »

jackbrennan2008

• Level 1 Member

The firmwares are cross compatible and a few people have had good results with using a US firmware on the EU device. Although it says you cannot flash back to an EU firmware after  you install a US firmware you can.

Anyhow i contacted D-Link support and i got an RMA for my device. They ended up sending me back a new one which i have just plugged in and it's working perfectly. So it was indeed a faulty router.