• April 19, 2024, 11:03:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with camera control when behind firewall on DCS-5220  (Read 6952 times)

toffimeister

• Level 1 Member
Problem with camera control when behind firewall on DCS-5220
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »

Hi!

I am using a DCS-5220 with v1.05 firmware. Authentification is enabled (added password for admin) and I added one user account with password for regular camera access. RTSP authentication is enabled as well. The camera is in a remote network behind a cablemodem with firewall. Port forwarding of this router is enabled for ports 80, 554, and 5556 to 5559.

When accesssing the camera in the local network, everything works as intended. I have to login with either the admin or the user account and I can view the video and control the movement of the camera or switch on autopan via web interface "Live Video".

When acessing the camera from the Internet outside the local network, I have to login as well with admin or user account and I can view video. I can as well access the setup page and change settings with the admin account. But I can not control the movement of the camera, either with admin or user account in the "Live Video" web interface or switch on autopan.

Each time I try to change the position of the camera via webinterface (or try to enable autopan), I get asked again for username and password by the browser. When entering username and password for either admin or the user account, the browser keeps asking me for username and password in an eternal loop. When pressing cancel, I get back to the video in the webinterface, but the camera is not moving.

Anybody else seing this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:41:14 AM by toffimeister »

wonee

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem with camera control when behind firewall on DCS-5220
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »

Hi,
I had the same problem with 2 dcs 5220.Firmware 1.04
Not issue...
Somebody had the same bug ?

wonee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »

Hi,
Not issue...

up ::)

toffimeister

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:27:03 AM »

Hi,
Not issue...

Can you clarify? You HAVE or you HAD the same problem? If you don't have it anymore, how did you fix it? What do you mean by "not issue..."?

Thanks.

wonee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 05:22:33 AM »

Can you clarify? You HAVE or you HAD the same problem? If you don't have it anymore, how did you fix it? What do you mean by "not issue..."?

Thanks.
Sorry... I HAVE the same problem !!!
No fix.

wonee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »

I have some new.
Now i have the same bug in LAN....
I tested to force the rights by command line but with the admin account. (i haven't got the root account).

wonee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:16 AM »

firmware 1.05 ????
The model of dcs5220 is A1 or A2 for you ?

wonee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »

i fixed the problem by reset camera. I configured the cam with the same specs before and it's worked.
Now i can use the pt control and now when i see in modified user i see pt control coched on the user.