• April 25, 2024, 01:07:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2121 - Live Video not working when accessing via web via Proxy  (Read 15026 times)

fyl

Guys,

I managed to get my DCS-2121 and working fine and on the local LAN, I could see live video very nicely.

However, when I access the camera from my company who has a proxy server, I can only see a black box in the live video tab.

Is there any limitation with the software ? Is it really streaming via http that can work through proxies or am I missing something here.

Apprecaite your help

fy

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-2121 - Live Video not working when accessing via web via Proxy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »

I am very sorry but we do not have this camera here in the USA.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

fyl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »

My colleague who has the DCS-920 also has the same problem with the activex.

Can you explain how the activex component work ? Is the camera streaming (push) over http or its being pulled by the browser ? 

We are behind a firewall & a proxy cache server.

dnsowner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:03:46 PM »

Hello.
The problem ist, the camera uses port 554 for the stream. So if you want to access the live stream (via HTTP as well) you musst have port 554 in the Firewall of your company opened (the default status of a firewall is that all ports are closed). You must also forward Port 554 and Port 80 to the lokal IP Address of the cam in your router at home.

Greetings

nokiawiz

• Level 1 Member
  • Don't mess with me!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »

Does this apply to DCS 920 or DCS 2121 or all IP Cams in general?

Also, how do one forward the ports 554 & 80 to the local IP? I have a fixed IP for the DCS 920.

Thanks.
Mess with the best & Die like the rest!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »

Please see this link for configuration instructions.

http://www.support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=3108&question=DCS-910%20/%20DCS-920
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

akiman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:19:01 AM »

I have a DCS-910 too and the issue is that the applet (and the ActiveX component) are not proxy aware.
When accessing the camera feed from behind a proxy the applet/activex tries to open a direct connection to the IP and port used by the DCS.
It would be great if D-Link could update the playback components to be able to detect proxy settings from the browser used and make a connection using these.
Other products can do this so it can be done.

As a work around I'm using a simple Java applet to download still images from my DCS-910 which gives a slower (jerkier) movement. Users on my homepage are first presented with the applet from DCS-910 with a message under that informs that they can click on the link if they are behind a proxy and the video does not work.

rabidpunk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »

Try using the ddns url : port from your browser... if it doesnt work could mean 2 things... either you dont have external access to the cams, or your company proxy is blocking it... if its the company proxy try downloading ultrasurf... that may help

forumer21

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »

fyl, maybe you should try a different browser.
When use firefox, i get a black box, but when change to ie i can get a live feed.