• March 18, 2024, 11:22:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: XP Hangs  (Read 9302 times)

Enraged

• Level 1 Member
XP Hangs
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »

I have windows XP w/ SP2. When I install the drivers from the CD the dlink manager conflicts with the windows config. I've tried giving control to the d-link program which did not work and I've let windows run the program aswell. In both cases windows would hang repeatedly for a few seconds at a time. I could not get windows to stop conflicting with the d-link program. Does anyone know a fix for this?? Help is appreciated.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: XP Hangs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »

Do not install the setup for the dlink manager.  If installed, uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.  When Windows asks for the drivers for the card just point it to the folder that contains the driver files.  Then Windows can manage the Wireless connection.

Enraged

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:06:45 PM »

Thanks very much :D, I'll give that a try when I get home.

Enraged

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »

I tried the drivers only fix which didn't work. Installed the driver from windows SP3. It works but windows still hangs momentarily. I'm wondering if there is a resource conflict between this and the Realtek HD Audio that came with my mobo.
Some info on my machine:
XP with SP3
Q9550 3.6 Ghz
Asrock X48 Wifi Mobo
2Gig corsair ram
80 gig HD Para
Dlink DWA-542
Radeon 9200 Legacy Card