• March 28, 2024, 11:40:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is DNS-343 "fun_pluggable"?  (Read 4448 times)

asbjorn

Is DNS-343 "fun_pluggable"?
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »

Hi,

I have a DNS-323 sitting in my home, and a DNS-343 at a remote location.  I want to backup up from my DNS-323 to the DNS-343, and I want the backup to run automatically at preset intervals.

I've learned that rsnapshot is a proven way to achieve my needs for automated backup, preserving disk usage along the way, and for starters I've installed v. 0.5 of fonz' fun_plug on my DNS-323, and configured rsnapshot to run nicely, although locally.

For this backup regime to become a success, I need to install the same software on the DNS-343, i.e. fonz' fun_plug and rsnapshot (including Perl).

However, after install, it seems that the DNS-343 behaves different from the DNS-323, and I've experienced a number of errors indicating that the two NAS-es are not as similar as I believed.

Can anyone confirm whether the DNS-343 can be customized in the same way as the DNS-323?

Cheers,
Asbjørn

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
Re: Is DNS-343 "fun_pluggable"?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:46:21 AM »

your better off to ask this on the dns323 wiki forum. dlink doesn't support this type of thing so they wont give you the answer your looking for. but i believe that i read that ppl did in fact get fun plug working like on the 323