• March 28, 2024, 06:34:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: A lil help plz  (Read 10768 times)

CrazYBulgariaN

A lil help plz
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:36:31 PM »

ok i have a ps3 and i have enabled the DMZ on my router and put the ip onto my system manually and my NBA 2k8 works perfectly but i cannot play call of duty online.... when i plug in the internet cable my call of duty works perfectly but my NBA 2k8 doesn't work so could someone help me a lil here and tell me how to make them both work without the internet cable.. only on the wireless internet?

mnewcomb

• Level 1 Member
Re: A lil help plz
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »

I would probably try to do it via port forwarding and not the DMZ. Problem is you need to find out what ports are required from the respective games.

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »

i have the ports but at the end there is says i need to put in an ip... what ip address do i put in when im at the port forwarding page on my router?

mnewcomb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »

Put in the IP address of the PS3. You can set it up so it always gives your PS3 the same ip address under network settings.

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »

how could i do that?

mnewcomb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:48:52 AM »

When you log in, click network settings. At the bottom it will list all the current DHCP clients. Find the PS3 in the list. Then up above that section there is a part where you can reserve an ip for a specific mac address. Click the drop down box and it will list all the current systems connected to the network. Choose the PS3 from the list and click the '<<' button. Then click save settings. From now on, the PS3 will always have the same ip address (probably 192.168.0.101 or something). Now you can use that ip address for the port forwarding.

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »

ok i did that stuff but when i get to call of duty 4 it still doesnt work... idunno what to do anymore?
and btw wat is virtual server and port forwarding? like wat is the difference?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:47:38 PM by CrazYBulgariaN »

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »

could you helm me out?

gshaghoian

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »

Assign the static IP on your PS3. Way easier than changing network settings in the router.

From your first post it sounds like that what you originally did.

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »

rite now i have reserved my ps3 an ip and it stays the same but i still cant get to play cod4 online cuz it still does the same thing.. it says downloading game settings and it never changes

Element

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

Since you already made a DHCP Reservation for your PS3, the next thing to do would be to go to the Port Forwarding section of the router configuration page and forward the corresponding COD4 ports to the IP of your PS3

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »

i've done the port forwarding and i went back to enabled DMZ and i port forwarded but it still doesnt work

CrazYBulgariaN

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »

i bought 2k9 and i cannot play it online cuz of this piece of s h y t router!
could someone please help me? and yes ive port forwarded all the ports and i put the dmz address i put in the settings

Element

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

The first thing you have to do is disable DMZ completey and just focus on assigning a DHCP reserved address for your PS3, that way the router will  always assign the PS3 the same IP Address. Once that is done, go to your router configuration page under Advanced>>Port Forwarding and open up ports for both Call of Duty 4 and NBA 2K9.

The ports for those games vary so please contact either Sony or the corresponding game manufacturers for any kind of port forwarding needed on the router for those particular games