• March 28, 2024, 06:30:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Video Freezing  (Read 7998 times)

Dnic1963

• Level 1 Member
Video Freezing
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:22:05 AM »

I just bought a DCS-8525 for the added functions over my older DCS-942. I loved the camera, but it was time to upgrade and want to add more onto my network. My issues is that whne using the mydlink app (QR code from my installation manual), the video will connect after a few seconds, but will  freeze anywhere between 3 seconds and 30 seconds. No rhyme or reason as to time. The only way I can get it back is by entirely closing the app. and restarting. This happens identically either by 5g, On a corporate network or my same home network. I run multiple routers in my home, but even when connected wireless to the same router that the camera is hard-wired to, this happens. To avoid the inevitable doubts about network speed, I easily stream 4k video as I have a fiber connection within the Comcast node into my neighborhood. My connection never drops below 150mbps. I have also tried it on different routers. I use a Nighthawk AC-3200 and a Linksys WRT-1900AC router. Does anyone have any ideas or has had this happen. Or could the camera just be bad from the factory?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Video Freezing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:10:22 AM »

What device and OS are you running the app from?

Does this happen on multiple devices running the mydlink app?

If this happens with multiple routers and wi-fi networks, it is not a network or router issue. It is either the camera or the app. Try a different phone or tablet, install the mydlink app and log in with your username/password and see if it also freezes. If yes, then something may be wrong with the camera. Reset the camera and setup from scratch.

If it does work normal from another device, it is an issue with the device you are running the app from. Uninstall the app, reboot your device, and then reinstall. See if that works.

Dnic1963

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »

Thanx for the quick reply. It does this same thing from my iPhone, iPad, my wife's iPhone and iPad. I have not yet tried from a PC. I honestly just don't know the link to get there via Chrome or some other browser. There was nothing in my manual or instructions on that. Worth a try. I have not tried from an Android device, but if I find the internet viewing option, I can check through a FireTV unit. I think those are Android based. I don't have any Android phones or other devices. Another thing I checked today was upload speed through Comcast. That was running at 12mbps and I would think fine for

Dnic1963

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »

Another item. I did try resetting the camera as well as re-booting the router last night to determine if this would have an impact. There was no difference.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 08:52:20 AM »

It is most likely an iOS issue with the app. What version of iOS is on your devices, and what version of the mydlink app do you have?

mydlink app version 1.9.3 fixed some video issues and will be needed since it renews a certificate. Once they update the mydlink servers I believe on the 26th, 1.9.2 and older will not work.

Dnic1963

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 10:18:02 AM »

I am running 1.9.3 build 220 on my app. ios is 12.4.1 on the phones. The iPads are at other update stages. One is older and is down at 9.6 or something like that. All seem to behave the same. The DCS-942 coupled in the same way to the same router is flawless operation, although only 480p Resolution. Also running the Dlink Lite App. from the same ios devices. Keeps sounding more and more lie the camera to me, but maybe a bad firmware update? have you ever encountered anyone else with this issue? I have googled about and have not found similar issues. That is almost strange to me as I can't be the only one. IS this a brand new camera for Dlink? Maybe a latent flaw that has yet to hot more buyers/users?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 11:17:22 AM »

I have heard random issues with video either freezing or just a black image - prob 90% iOS. Android seems to have less issues so not sure if it is caused by the iOS security updates breaking the dlink app or something related to the camera-app communication that gets broken. The mydlink Lite app is a different vendor and seems to run more smoothly, but this camera is not compatible. Can you try your 942L camera through the mydlink (not Lite) app? It will show up and is compatible  - no need to reinstall it.

This is D-Links #1 selling camera (US - consumer) but have not heard of this issue a lot so I do not think it is a manufacture/firmware flaw since it doesn't affect every customer. 

Unfortunately the 8xxxLH series cameras do not work with a PC/Browser like the 942L. If you want that feature, you may want to look at one of the older pan/tilt cameras (DCS-5030L, DCS-5222L). A lot more features than the newer line.

If you can get your hands on an android device, see if it has the same issue. If it does then it is definitely the camera.

On one device, I would uninstall the mydlink app, reboot, and reinstall. Login and see if the problem exists. If it does, I am going to agree that it is something defective with the camera. Problem is happening with multiple devices, multiple network settings, resets, different OS versions, etc.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:22:33 AM by GreenBay42 »