• March 29, 2024, 12:18:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DIR-855 Discontinued? - YES  (Read 23280 times)

aleicgrant

Re: DIR-855 Discontinued?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

TLU do you actually own the 855?

I see a flurry of your posts and while a lot of us are unhappy over the state of D-link and the response to our concerns, your's seem overly negative......

Your absolutely free to state your feelings here but the consistency of your post makes me wonder if you actually have this specific product or just unhappy with D-link in general.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Maybe it's a replacement for the DGL-4500?  There was a $20 rebate last month and another for it this month.  Rebates are usually used before a price drop and a product replacement.  Or maybe it is an 855 replacement since I can't find anyone that really has one in stock.

azz710

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »

Folks,

The oddest thing about the DIR-855 story is that D-Link still refuses to answer my e-mail.  I have sent at least two dozen messages to D-Link since I started trying to buy one of these (and mine is still working flawlessly, thank you), and I haven't received a single e-mail reply.  I know that D-Link personnel monitor this thread.  Will one of you please find out what the story is?  And when you do, please give us the official reason for this self-destructive D-Link policy.  Are the lawyers now more important than the customers?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:38:34 AM by FurryNutz »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

Folks,

The oddest thing about the DIR-855 story is that D-Link still refuses to answer my e-mail.  I have sent at least two dozen messages to D-Link since I started trying to buy one of these (and mine is still working flawlessly, thank you), and I haven't received a single e-mail reply.  I know that D-Link personnel monitor this thread.  Will one of you please find out what the story is?  And when you do, please give us the official reason for this self-destructive D-Link policy.  Are the lawyers now more important than the customers?

Please consider using a normal (standard) fontsize... be aware that you might be misunderstood (netiquette: large fontsize /capitals= shouting agressively). A hint: The large fonts will not make Dlink answer your email. Neither is spamming them with dozens of mails. Nobody reacts positively to big mouths, do they? Just be patient, they don't have an obligation to sell you a device.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:38:51 AM by FurryNutz »
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

aleicgrant

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »

I beg to differ. Do you own these products? then if you do you would understand the FRUSTRATION level and why people at this point resort to shouting. How dare you imply that this person has a big mouth and is less of a concern to D-link.

I love people who feel entitled to an opinion about how others should react when they have no idea what that person is going through

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »

Here's the deal guys. The unit is in limited supply apparently. We don't have an answer why currently. At least an answer that I have access to. I've probed the situation and the reply is the same. "We've shipped units out to distribution".
Similar to the PS3 launch, we simply can not manufacture and ship enough units or there is another unknown hold up that is keeping this unit from being available in your area. I understand your frustration and wish there was something more I could promise you, but as it stands now there isn't.

Please be patient and watch for units to become available in your area. If you are dissatisfied with the turn around time, I encourage you to contact D-Link sales and enquire about purchasing a unit from us.

I'm going to lock this thread as it's become flame-ish and unproductive.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49656.0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:40:04 AM by FurryNutz »

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
Re: DIR-855 Discontinued? (YES)
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

I have 100 units at www.dlinkshop.com (in their California warehouse). I needed to stock some there so that I can tell when units are available. We have spent the last month of so with units in distribution and many saying they could not find them at a reseller. Now I can tell when I have them at one reseller (dlinkshop, DR).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:36:22 AM by FurryNutz »
Meanest person you know
Pages: 1 [2]