• April 27, 2024, 08:04:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS 320 question: howto download from Shell  (Read 1905 times)

lalkabarbie

• Level 1 Member
DNS 320 question: howto download from Shell
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:20:21 AM »

Hello,

DNS 320 firmware 2.05 static Ip, adres dlinddns.com
I'm from Poland. Sorry for my English, I have question howto downoload file/folder from shell ? I have a shell account on but I have no idea how to download files,
I used ftp dns 320 but every time I'm must paste a link....I am looking for something similar to filezzila...I'm not interested in  installing funplug.
I would be grateful for your help

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: DNS 320 question: howto download from Shell
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 03:02:33 AM »

Not quite sure what you want to do. 

If you want to download FROM your DNS-320 at some other place not on the local network then you only need to enable the FTP server on the NAS and open the necessary ports on your router to allow access.

If you want to download TO your DNS-320 then you must have the necessary software to do so but again you must open the necessary ports on your router to allow this to happen.

The key to being able to access your DNS-320 to/from places outside your local network is opening the required ports and firewall on your router.  Which ports depends on which service you want to use.

cable2

• Level 3 Member
Re: DNS 320 question: howto download from Shell
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »

Hi,
I am not sure exactly what you need but if you need an easy to use client software and use Firefox as a browser, search for a free addon called, "FIREFTP".  You can setup an account and save all settings for whatever ftp site you want to connect to, so with a couple of clicks, you should be able to connect.  The UI gives whatever local storage on the left and the remote site on the right.  Just highlight whatever file/ directory you want to move and click on the directional arrow in the middle. 
If I am totally misunderstanding you, here is a link to setting up an FTP server on your NAS, not sure if that will help either but.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxdGWmrcOM&feature=related