• April 25, 2024, 08:10:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 Comments & Observations (Official Release)  (Read 69331 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 (Official Release) Comments & Observations
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 04:28:49 AM »

the release notes which are limited to two lines on d-link's site, don't seem to say whether this addresses anything related to UPNP server not refreshing

any idea if that's on the books to be looked at?

per my other post in the "UPnP Auto Refresh" thread:

I believe I am facing the same issue.

When files (250mb or so) get copied over to an EXISTING folder on my DNS-320 the UPNP server is not identifying to my WD Lives (or other devices like SKIFTA) that the folder has new media in it.

Yet, if i browse the folder VIA Samba, I can clearly access the media.

If i do a manual refresh, all is well, but I shouldn't have to manually refresh.

This seemed to start happening once my UPNP folders began containing a large # of files when i moved over my MP3 files

I added your concern to the DNS-320 firmware Wishlist thread.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

iainpollock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 06:43:17 AM »

I have same problem P2P folder disappeared but visible as a top level folder share. It makes a headache to move files from complete folder to the destination i want because Win 7 doesn't think it is a same drive anymore! I want P2P folder in Win7 back!

I have tried contacting D-Link support about this and they are clueless and can't grasp what we are asking.  For now the only workaround I have found is to use the 'Web File Server' within Applications. This will allow you to drag and drop like you would in Windows Explorer and gives you an option to move files rather than copy them.

iainpollock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 04:51:11 AM »

Whats with the P2P folder and Volume_1 being seperate drives. It now takes alot of time to move files from my P2P/completed to Volume_1. Weak, when they were under the same drive it was super quick.

Jesse

I finally got a response from D-Link support that answers my question bout this.

"Hi
A new FW that resolves this 'issue' will be released shortly, no date though yet."

BlackBishop64

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:44 AM »

I am thinking to update to 2.02 but from all things I've read in this thread there are two that scary me a lot:
  • Accessing NAS over DynDNS hostname: 400 Bad Request, Cross Site Action detected!
  • getting 5/6 MB/s max and the network is capable for higher speeds up to 20 MB/S

do you know whether this two issues are actually bugs and there are afecting to all users of 2.02?

rz0

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 02:43:02 AM »

Can we hurry up and get a definite date for when the next firmware is coming out that resolves the iTunes server issue?

stefan1987

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 04:45:16 AM »

this is the worst firmware ever had no troublewith 2.00 but the new firmware dosent work at allfor me

albuemil

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 01:20:19 AM »

After reading all the problems people are having with the 2.02 version i don't dare to make the update.
And that's strange since i always update everything i own (from my DSLR to my DVD player), i like having the latest versions :)
Hopefully the next update will be better and then I'll "bite the bullet" and upgrade.

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:10 AM »

Whats with the P2P folder and Volume_1 being seperate drives. It now takes alot of time to move files from my P2P/completed to Volume_1. Weak, when they were under the same drive it was super quick.
Yes, the best way to do that is to use the Web File Server application, then files and folders are moved instantly.

stefan1987

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

i have now tried everything, but no matter what i do the p2p wont let me download anything.
before this firmware, it worked like a dream when i should download something, but now it has turned out to be a nightmare.
I really hope that D-Link is fixing this firmware very soon. :'(

vulpesiratus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »

I am still waiting for the official v2.02 firmware that resolves time machine issue on the German website of D-link.

Yesterday I tried to install the WW firmware (DNS-320_A1_FW 2.02b01.zip) from http://tsd.dlink.com.tw but the installation did interrupt immediately. The type of my DNS-320 is H/W Ver. A1.

Which v2.02 firmware should be possible to to install on my DNS-320? The file from the ftp.dlink.com site (/Multimedia/dns320/Firmware/dns320_FW_202)? But this one is not the WW version?

I am very disappointed that after a few months oft the v2.02 release the German D-Link was not able to release the new version on its site.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »

I am still waiting for the official v2.02 firmware that resolves time machine issue on the German website of D-link.

Yesterday I tried to install the WW firmware (DNS-320_A1_FW 2.02b01.zip) from http://tsd.dlink.com.tw but the installation did interrupt immediately. The type of my DNS-320 is H/W Ver. A1.

Which v2.02 firmware should be possible to to install on my DNS-320? The file from the ftp.dlink.com site (/Multimedia/dns320/Firmware/dns320_FW_202)? But this one is not the WW version?

I am very disappointed that after a few months oft the v2.02 release the German D-Link was not able to release the new version on its site.

The worldwide version of the DNS-320 firmware is available on the D-Link Taiwan site: D-Link Taiwan Site Downloads

Download this file: Firmware:DNS-320 A1 F/W 2.02(for WW)

vulpesiratus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 07:37:11 AM »

The worldwide version of the DNS-320 firmware is available on the D-Link Taiwan site: D-Link Taiwan Site Downloads

Download this file: Firmware:DNS-320 A1 F/W 2.02(for WW)

I tried exactly this file. But a few seconds after beginning the installation I got the message that the file was not valid. I also made the download more than one time. What did I make wrong?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »

I tried exactly this file. But a few seconds after beginning the installation I got the message that the file was not valid. I also made the download more than one time. What did I make wrong?

When you try to re-download the file, are you 100% sure the browser is actually downloading the file and not referencing a copy that's already cached on your local PC?

Try clearing your cache first (or download the file with a different browser)? It's possible your browser cached the first bad download, and each time you try to re-download the file the browser may simply copying the bad file from the local cache.

nrushforth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2012, 04:49:11 AM »

I had a similar issue and the reason was that the file brought down to my PC did not have the .zip extension. Try renaming the file with a .zip extension, and then extract the firmware from the zip file.

You should then be able to update the firware with the extracted file.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »

I had a similar issue and the reason was that the file brought down to my PC did not have the .zip extension. Try renaming the file with a .zip extension, and then extract the firmware from the zip file.

You should then be able to update the firware with the extracted file.

Good catch. You are 100% correct. I just examined the file on the D-Link Taiwan site, and the .zip file extension is missing from the download. After downloading, the .zip extension must be manually added and the file extracted prior to uploading onto th DNS-320
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6