• April 19, 2024, 03:53:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 Comments & Observations (Official Release)  (Read 69269 times)

vulpesiratus

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 (Official Release) Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 08:19:07 AM »

I'm from Italy but I have bought my DNS-320 in Germany with German language settings, so I am following the German developments. Are you sure that the v2.02.b01 from the Taiwan D-Link site is the same as your official 2.02? The release date is the 11/11/2011 instead of the 11/23/2011 of the official version. I don't understand: does every country develop it's own firmware? Do you recommend me to wait until the German D-Link offers the 2.02 firmware on his site?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »

I'm from Italy but I have bought my DNS-320 in Germany with German language settings, so I am following the German developments. Are you sure that the v2.02.b01 from the Taiwan D-Link site is the same as your official 2.02? The release date is the 11/11/2011 instead of the 11/23/2011 of the official version. I don't understand: does every country develop it's own firmware? Do you recommend me to wait until the German D-Link offers the 2.02 firmware on his site?

It's always best that you wait for the firmware native to the country where you purchased the unit.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ppplo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »

I am from Europe and still waiting for the official v2.02 firmware. Unfortunately it does not arrive... Time machine support is a very important feature for me.

On dlink.com I am reading the following:

"This firmware is engineered for North American products only.
Using this firmware on a device outside of North America will void your warranty and may render the device unusable."

Please tell me if I really am not allowed to install your American v2.02 firmware on a European DNS-320. Are there also any technical reasons?

Hello, I'm from Europe, too (from Belgium, and buy DNS-320 in France "rueducommerce.fr" : I have installed the last (2.02) beta drivers without any problems... ;)

vulpesiratus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 11:23:30 PM »

Hello, I'm from Europe, too (from Belgium, and buy DNS-320 in France "rueducommerce.fr" : I have installed the last (2.02) beta drivers without any problems... ;)

Hi ppplo,

that's very good to hear!! So do you think that if I install the official 2.02 (ftp://ftp.dlink.com//Multimedia/dns320/Firmware/dns320_FW_202) I shouldn't have any problems on my "German" DNS-320?

Do you know if European countries do change something in their local firmware versions in comparision to the official one of dlink.com or if they simply add a language file to the firmware?

ppplo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 12:58:02 AM »

Hi ppplo,

that's very good to hear!! So do you think that if I install the official 2.02 (ftp://ftp.dlink.com//Multimedia/dns320/Firmware/dns320_FW_202) I shouldn't have any problems on my "German" DNS-320?

Do you know if European countries do change something in their local firmware versions in comparision to the official one of dlink.com or if they simply add a language file to the firmware?

Hi vulpesiratus,

I don't work for Dlink, but for me, the hardware is the same... The risk is low, but still have a complete backup before installing the new firmware...

My HDs was almost empty, and I've not lost the data

If you prefer, you can install the 2.0 "official" firmware (not the 2.02 Beta), but I've installed the 2.02

The difference with the 1.0 firmware is important... ;)

MattBW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »

Sadly the beta will not install here in the UK, says its not the correct type or version number is wrong and fails.

Really need time machine working on Lion, its been 2 months now with no backup facility which is pretty unacceptable as a photographer. I checked everything software wise would work but sadly I didn't think to check my NAS backup facility would continue. Doh, taught me a valuable lesson.

Not the fault of the individual developers of course.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:36:38 AM by MattBW »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:01 AM »

Sadly the beta will not install here in the UK, says its not the correct type or version number is wrong and fails.

Really need time machine working on Lion, its been 2 months now with no backup facility which is pretty unacceptable as a photographer. I checked everything software wise would work but sadly I didn't think to check my NAS backup facility would continue. Doh, taught me a valuable lesson.

Can't see me using d-link ever again for a NAS solution, too risky.

Did you try downloading the firmware again? Perhaps the file was corrupt. ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:40 AM »

You may want to try downloading the firmware again. Perhaps the file was corrupt. ???

MattBW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »

Yes, 6 times, sadly nothing seems to work. :(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »

Yes, 6 times, sadly nothing seems to work. :(

What hardware version do you have? The serial number on the rear of your DNS-320 should indicate "A1", "B1", etc.

MattBW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »

Looks like an A1 :)

MattBW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »

I will try the WW version, maybe that will be better?

MattBW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »

Huge apologies and many thanks, tried the WW one and downloaded with FTP software and it seems to have taken this time.

:)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 06:59:46 AM »

Huge apologies and many thanks, tried the WW one and downloaded with FTP software and it seems to have taken this time.

:)

Glad I was able to help.  The "WW" version (i.e. worldwide) is designed for A1 hardware.

ionizer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »

the release notes which are limited to two lines on d-link's site, don't seem to say whether this addresses anything related to UPNP server not refreshing

any idea if that's on the books to be looked at?

per my other post in the "UPnP Auto Refresh" thread:

I believe I am facing the same issue.

When files (250mb or so) get copied over to an EXISTING folder on my DNS-320 the UPNP server is not identifying to my WD Lives (or other devices like SKIFTA) that the folder has new media in it.

Yet, if i browse the folder VIA Samba, I can clearly access the media.

If i do a manual refresh, all is well, but I shouldn't have to manually refresh.

This seemed to start happening once my UPNP folders began containing a large # of files when i moved over my MP3 files
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6