• April 25, 2024, 01:23:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 Comments & Observations (Official Release)  (Read 69329 times)

rotoman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02 (Official Release) Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

Accessing NAS over DynDNS hostname:

400 Bad Request
Cross Site Action detected!

This function was the one of those some, that were operational in firmware 2.00. I did not change anything since operational status. Port forward in router, hostname, etc are just fine! All I changed is firmware update which supposed to fix some issues, and finally I got even more of them

Congratulation. Are you kidding guys? Releasing the same firmware 2.02 third time. Even the date remain the old one: 23/09/2011. I'm still unable to access device over internet. This is just ridiculous

This is a total and utter disgrace!

Croc

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »

I would simply like the Ability to "Roll Back" / Downgrade to earlier Firmware. A workaround would be appreciated.

I have Itunes Server issues, Itunes just wont connect and its generally sluggish, something thats wasnt present in V2.00.

Nitro785

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »

On official 2.02 downgrade is still not possible?.... )))

Croc

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »

On official 2.02 downgrade is still not possible?.... )))

No - I really regret I upgraded, was happy the way things were very happy with everything, I was upgrading ...... cause it was there.... I so wished I hadnt.

eb98jdb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

This might be a foolish question but how do I install the new firmware? I've upgraded from v1.00 to v2.00 and want to move again to v2.02but I can't find the upgrade firmware 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »

This might be a foolish question but how do I install the new firmware? I've upgraded from v1.00 to v2.00 and want to move again to v2.02but I can't find the upgrade firmware 

The firmware is located here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns320/Firmware/
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jesruiz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »

Whats with the P2P folder and Volume_1 being seperate drives. It now takes alot of time to move files from my P2P/completed to Volume_1. Weak, when they were under the same drive it was super quick.

Jesse

karstenpede

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »

Whats with the P2P folder and Volume_1 being seperate drives. It now takes alot of time to move files from my P2P/completed to Volume_1. Weak, when they were under the same drive it was super quick.

Jesse

Jesse, what's your config? I have two separate drives and don't get to see the P2P folder :'(

investindy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »

Jesruiz -- My P2P folder did not appear until i enabled it and did my first torrent.  It then created a base, subfolders of active and complete.  

I have seen the same thing, it is treated as a seperate volume, thus you must copy, not just move the complete stuff to your working files (if you are using UPnP as well).  I was hoping to be able to point my UPnP devices to the P2P so i can access them as soon as done but that is not possible.  You cant use the internal copy software because it cant see the volume of P2P.  Only work around I found was that I use a program called allwaysync and it handles the moves for me automatically.  Sure there are other sync programs to do the same thing.  Only negative to this approach is that a PC must be on to do the move.  Justifying the NAS was suppose to be a power savings by not running my media or torrents from a gaming PC and doing it all from a low powered NAS box.  I sugget either:

1.  Make the P2P "volume/folder" able to be seen from UPnP devices
2.  Put the P2P folder inside volume_X

Edit:  Just realized my concerns are on the wishlist.  Hopefully, DLink has a large enough team on the wishlist.  Seems most of the things fixed thus far were only bugs, not a lot of realy "wishlist" items.  Dlink, please working away at it.

-----------
JavaLawyer or anyone from Dlink...Have you seen or can you share out of our Wishlist what Dlink has found as a priority and is currently working on?  Realistically I am sure they are only going to address a few items at a time for a new firmware rollout.  Any idea of timing for the next firmware beta's????
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:40:09 AM by investindy »

karstenpede

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

Jesse, what's your config? I have two separate drives and don't get to see the P2P folder :'(

OK I found out how to do it. I had P2P Settings --> Encryption toggled to 'Enable'. Now it's disabled and I can see the P2P drive.

investindy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56:44 AM »

A few of us have noticed problems with firmware 2.02 and certain media formats not playing through UPnP.  Please see the below thread: 

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42777.0

Anyone else noticed this problem and can provide details of what formats dont want to work via the UPnP but work through other methods (not transcoded) getting the exact same files to their media players? 

We believe this is a bug with the firmware......

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »

A few of us have noticed problems with firmware 2.02 and certain media formats not playing through UPnP.  Please see the below thread: 

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42777.0

Anyone else noticed this problem and can provide details of what formats dont want to work via the UPnP but work through other methods (not transcoded) getting the exact same files to their media players? 

We believe this is a bug with the firmware......

If you can have other DNS-320 owners replicate the issue, then please post your findings in the firmware Wishlist thread and I'll add the item as a bug or request.

franksetank

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »

time machine is now working fine.
also over the internet it works fine.

but i wonder what the max speed of the nas is?
i'm getting 5/6 MB/s max and the network is capable for higher speeds up to 20 MB/S

vulpesiratus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 05:39:12 AM »

I am from Europe and still waiting for the official v2.02 firmware. Unfortunately it does not arrive... Time machine support is a very important feature for me.

On dlink.com I am reading the following:

"This firmware is engineered for North American products only.
Using this firmware on a device outside of North America will void your warranty and may render the device unusable."

Please tell me if I really am not allowed to install your American v2.02 firmware on a European DNS-320. Are there also any technical reasons?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 06:00:02 AM »

I am from Europe and still waiting for the official v2.02 firmware. Unfortunately it does not arrive... Time machine support is a very important feature for me.

On dlink.com I am reading the following:

"This firmware is engineered for North American products only.
Using this firmware on a device outside of North America will void your warranty and may render the device unusable."

Please tell me if I really am not allowed to install your American v2.02 firmware on a European DNS-320. Are there also any technical reasons?

What country are you from? Did you check the D-Link FTP site for you region?

The D-Link Taiwan download site (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=41487.0) contains a "WW" (worldwide) release of firmware version 2.02.b01, which by all accounts appears to have the same functionality as the official release. Please keep in mind that once you install this version, the firmware will not permit you to regress to an older firmware version. Although labeled as "worldwide" I am unable to state whether this firmware version has any hardware specific dependencies that may negatively impact your particular unit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:03:10 AM by JavaLawyer »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6