• April 25, 2024, 08:31:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: laptop wireless without connecting to router when you have only one cpu  (Read 5373 times)

didier

hello everyone i need your help I have one cpu in my home its a laptop i dont have a desktop. I want laptop to be wireless so i can carry anywhere in the house i setup a network last night with ssid etc network setup is all complete signal says 100% but if i unplug router from laptop i dont have internet i tried to reboot release renew/ip check internet options ip and dns set to automatic deleted cache/winsock nothing can someone help me would be much appreciated

JonClaud

I am making a couple of assumptions as you do not say what OS you are running on your computer and what wireless utility you are using. If you are using XP OS and the windows utility, then I would go into the control panel and double click your network connections. Look for your wireless network. Right click your wireless n/w and select view available networks. Look for the SSID name you gave your router, select it and then connect.
For Vista OS navigate to manage network connections from the control panel.

Mlachake

• Level 3 Member

One thing you did not mention was whether you are able to view your wireless network name(ssid). I will suggest that you right click on the wireless icon on system tray( right hand corner bottom of pc) and select to view your wireless network/site survey/connect and select it. You will be prompted for your security key. Enter the key and try to connect.