• April 24, 2024, 11:08:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 920 Settings Trouble - Same Old Story...  (Read 6403 times)

erazorz23

• Level 1 Member
DCS 920 Settings Trouble - Same Old Story...
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »

Ok all,  I apologize in advance since I know there's a lot of other topics on this, but I've read them all and still can't figure it out.  I'm hoping it's something minor I'm overlooking...

I've got a DCS-920, works perfectly within home network, but no access through internet.

I've got a Belkin N+ wireless router, and Comcast running though my cable modem.

Here are some screenshots that I hope will be helpful.  If not, be sure to let me know which ones I can provide and I'll get them up as soon as possible.

Cam network settings screen:

Belkin had me set the DNS to the 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1, but I'm not sure why...problem?

Router settings screens:

Thanks in advance for the help guys.  I'm totally stumped about what I'm missing...Sorry for the redundancy of the post but I'm lost!

-Mike

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS 920 Settings Trouble - Same Old Story...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »

It seems to be working fine. Where are you having an issue at?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

erazorz23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »

I can't view it from the internet.  I type in my wan IP address with the port number into the address bar, 98.220.172.41:81, but never can connect to the camera.  I don't get the login box popping up or anything.

Am I typing in the wrong address?

erazorz23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »

Crickets?  Nobody can give me a hand?

Also, I'm leaving the camera plugged in and connected so if anyone needs to test it they can to help me out.

Please assist!  What am I doing wrong?

-M

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »

It worked fine when I tried it I got a prompt. Are you doing it from outside the camera network or are you inside the same network try to loop back?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

erazorz23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 09:57:26 AM »

I finally got it working for me as well.  It's weird, I was trying it on a computer outside my network with IE, and had no luck.  On my work computer, I tried it on firefox and it works great, but for some reason IE still has trouble with it.  Obviously a settings thing and nothing to do with the camera, so I thank everyone for the help!

-M

dragon23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »

I had a similar problem a while back, It looks like you have enabled dns on the camera, It should only be the router using dns the cameras ip is static that will not change, If you have the router and the camera both enabling dns you will have problems