• April 19, 2024, 07:00:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Blocking DIR-655.bsecure.com blocks Internet address resolution!  (Read 50152 times)

msvar

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blocking DIR-655.bsecure.com blocks Internet address resolution!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 07:43:39 AM »

I am glad I found this thread because I am loosing my mind. I have originally subscribed to secure spot then I turned it off and let the subscription run out because it was messing up my system. Now I get my web access blocked even though I have turned off the secure spot feature in the router and it takes me to secure spot site something about my membership not being paid. I turned the freaking feature off in the router I shouldn't be redirected anywhere the feature is garbage! It makes the router useless sometimes I have to reset the router few times and then I get access to sites again for a while and then it goes back to bsecure site again.

I know it's the router cause the only other solution that I found that allows me to connect to web is with my VPN service. If D-Link doesn't provide solution to this issue A.S.A.P. I am throwing my DIR-655 in the garbage and I am buying another brand, this issue is ruining D-Links reputation I have other D-Link products but after this experience if this doesn't get resolved I am finished with the brand!

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »

I am glad I found this thread because I am loosing my mind. I have originally subscribed to secure spot then I turned it off and let the subscription run out because it was messing up my system. Now I get my web access blocked even though I have turned off the secure spot feature in the router and it takes me to secure spot site something about my membership not being paid. I turned the freaking feature off in the router I shouldn't be redirected anywhere the feature is garbage! It makes the router useless sometimes I have to reset the router few times and then I get access to sites again for a while and then it goes back to bsecure site again.

I know it's the router cause the only other solution that I found that allows me to connect to web is with my VPN service. If D-Link doesn't provide solution to this issue A.S.A.P. I am throwing my DIR-655 in the garbage and I am buying another brand, this issue is ruining D-Links reputation I have other D-Link products but after this experience if this doesn't get resolved I am finished with the brand!

Hi msvar,

Question: Have you performed a Factory Reset on the Router, after letting Secure Spot trial or Subscription lapse?

I would not throw it out, just perform a Factory Reset. Then log into its settings, once back up using a Lan Computer, and restore the Wireless Settings you were using.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »

thecreator, have you seen this issue?  Have you done this to successfully "heal" your router? (Honestly hoping here....)
DIR-655 H/W A4, Firmware 1.34NAb02 beta

msvar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »

Hi msvar,

Question: Have you performed a Factory Reset on the Router, after letting Secure Spot trial or Subscription lapse?

I would not throw it out, just perform a Factory Reset. Then log into its settings, once back up using a Lan Computer, and restore the Wireless Settings you were using.

No I have not but I called D-Link there solution is to turn both Access Control and Securespot Off, and yes that fixed the problem. Apparently BSecure is linked to Access Control feature. When I was informed about this I got really upset to me Access Control should be independent from Securespot feature, I have had Access Control ON for a reason to control access to other NET devices, it shouldn't be dependent on Securespot as far as  I am concern. The unit is crippled by this and D-Link better finds a solution to this soon! I need basic Access Control that doesn't rely on a paid service all better Routers have this.

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »

So the access control feature doesn't work unless you are a SecureSpot subscriber.  Chalk up another failure attributed to SecureSpot!  >:(

msvar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »

So the access control feature doesn't work unless you are a SecureSpot subscriber.  Chalk up another failure attributed to SecureSpot!  >:(

Not exactly the feature works without SecureSpot but it's somehow linked to SecureSpot. If you've never subscribed or tried SecureSpot then you should have no problems. I have Dir-655 at work and I never tried or subscribed to BSecure on that Router and I have no problem using Access Control features with that router. On the other hand I paid for 1 year subscription to BSecure on my home router then I let the subscription run out because of issues I have with the service it doesn't work to my satisfaction and caused problems. Interestingly computers that I had when I subscribed to secure spot get message in address bar something about unpaid subscription and computer I purchased after the subscription run out I get a message that it's not registered. It comes across as an extortion tactic obviously BSecure is keeping track of private MAC addresses which I find disturbing for a non subscriber even when the service is turned off.

Now my web access is not blocked off all the time, it is sporadic, it happened last Friday and Saturday and this Friday again. This time I called D-Link, the procedure step one was to set check mark for BSecure ON then save it, then check it off and save it again, then go and turn off Access Control and save it after that my web access came back on. This is a serious flaw. I was told afterwards that I can turn the Access Control Back on if I use it (and I do) and that it should work, but for how long? These blockages are sporadic and they shouldn't occur at all! Don't tell me that I have to go through this hassle every time I get blocked off. What if I am not at home? Others using web wouldn't know what to do, they would have to wait until I get back to gain access to the web.

For one thing I do not like the fact that some 3rd party company that I do not want to have anything to do with can disable functionality of my Router without my consent and tracks MAC and IP addresses of devices on my private network this is very serious.

I really lost it when I spoke with the tech support about this over the phone that's the only thing I feel really bad about because this issue is not his fault but it's D-Links problem and they should've been on top of it right from beginning, this is ruing their reputation. 

t0n3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »

Today after having my dir-655 working with securespot disabled all my http requests were being redirected to bsecure.com add device by mac address page which would refresh indefinitely without ever loading anything useful of getting me to my destination url.

I did mistakenly sign up for securespot when i setup my router since I thought it was part of the router authentication.  I disabled securespot and canceled my account the same day.

Today I double checked that securespot was disabled in my router admin. It was. I had to enable securespot, click save, then disable and click save before I could browse the web.  Please add me to the list of users who would like firmware without securespot included.

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »

So, it sounds less like the bsecure.com servers are really the issue, and more like the expiry of the trial period may be the culprit.  Unless the bsecure.com servers and/or network are highly unreliable....  :-X

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »

I have not yet had the time/opportunity to re-flash and manually re-enter all of my settings as a last-ditch effort to see if the settings were somehow corrupted and re-installed over each upgrade since pre-1.3X firmware as suggested by marmoduke to see if Access Control will work.

In the meantime I thought that it is prudent to make a post here to indicate that if the enable/disable SecureSpot control was sporadically not having any effect prior to 1.34 beta, then this problem was likely the root cause of this whole issue (as indicated in thread title).

I have not seen any further issue with being redirected since upgrading to 1.34 beta.  Hooray!   :D

Claytonj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:26 AM »

I have the same problem I tried the SecureSpot trial then didn't pay for the service.  I have to daily go into the router enable/disable securespot to browse the net.  I'm almost ready to ditch the 655 and use the POS that FIOS gave me.  I'll try the 1.34 beta before I pitch the 655 to the curb...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:29:21 AM by Claytonj »

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »

Please do report back on your results!

Claytonj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »

Well I've run the firmware update but my router still shows ver 1.33.   I have an A2 hardware revision does that stop anything or does the firmware not show 1.34?  I still had to log into the router enable/disable securespot.

**update I had to perform a hard reset/Factory default and I was able to load the 1.34b firmware.  Now we shall see if SecureSpot shows its ugly face.  ****

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:16:41 PM by Claytonj »

MrDavidHG

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

I'm perfectly fine with my traffic going through reliable, necessary servers.

SecureSpot doesn't fit either of these two descriptors.

Also, Lycan said that D-Link would release Beta firmware for the interim.  I want a new branch of firmware that does not include SecureSpot's services and infrastructure.

OK people... Let's try getting them to fix this via PR war... DLINK has FACEBOOK and TWITTER follow pages...  Post and let them know how you feel about the included MALWARE!

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »

Well I've run the firmware update but my router still shows ver 1.33.   I have an A2 hardware revision does that stop anything or does the firmware not show 1.34?  I still had to log into the router enable/disable securespot.

**update I had to perform a hard reset/Factory default and I was able to load the 1.34b firmware.  Now we shall see if SecureSpot shows its ugly face.  ****

If it still indicates 1.33, it's still running 1.33.  I (and others) had to perform a factory reset by depressing the reset button on the back before the 1.34 would flash successfully.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »

1.34 allows for the secure spot client to be completely disabled. When you load the code it will still have a check mark in the box, disable it and it should never bother you again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4