• May 20, 2024, 09:58:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2210 image-mail not working  (Read 8468 times)

wayyx

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2210 image-mail not working
« on: July 20, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »

Hello, I’m a user of DCS-2210 from Europe, experiencing similar problems as described already in another thread by terry64 on May 23, 2013. The only reply was not really resolving the issue, I guess, and doesn’t for me either. Therefore this next attempt to improve a suboptimal software in an excellent hardware….

Video motion detection itself works. I don’t use PIR-detection. Firmware 1.20.00 installed.

The problem lies in the result of the EVENT SETUP for IMAGES:

If you setup an image-mail following a motion detection, the program sends you one or more OLD images from some time prior to the event. Only sometimes it happens, that the actual triggering event is caught – but this happens only when you setup quite a number of images to send, e.g. 3 before and 4 after the event. But this happens only very seldom. A simple image-mail from the moment of movement trigger – like I experience with all my older D-Link-Cameras (DCS-2121, DCS-962) is not possible.

I have tried all variances of number of images prior and/or after the event. I have tried various profiles. I have tried various priorities. I have tried with and without video-recording through the event. No success. Is it a firmware bug ?

>> I really hope a D-Link-Guru, or official supporter who reads this, can help here. Thanks in advance.

PS: The deletion issue for the SD-Card as described by terry64 is also a surprising and annoying issue, and should of course be on the list for a firmware update.

guru_fordy

• Level 1 Member