• March 28, 2024, 01:27:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 access to my DNS-323 (aka NAS)  (Read 3014 times)

wstein

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 access to my DNS-323 (aka NAS)
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:30:12 AM »

Up to November I was running a Vista environment (1 desktop, 1 laptop).  From both machines I could see all my data on my NAS.  Around the first of December, I decided to upgrade both my pc's to Win7.  I backed up my personal data to the NAS and then proceeded to rebuild my pc's and install Win7.

Since then, I see the NAS, and even open up the Volum_1 partion and see all the directories in it, however when I click on any directories that I created when I backed up my data from my pc's, it says they are empty.  Older directories are fine and I can browse them and see the files contained within (jgp, wma, doc, pdf, etc) but when I try to open a file i get errors saying that format isn't supported.

I am running FW v 1.0.7 on my DNS-323 and have gone through it and my pc to make sure the workgroup names' match and that the permissions are set up everyone.

Any ideas? 

edwardsmarkf

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows 7 access to my DNS-323 (aka NAS)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

i discovered after a lot of struggling that  ZONE-ALARM seems to interfere without any warning, and i had to authorize the ez-finder in zone-alarm.

i hope this saves some poor soul a few hours of struggling.