D-Link PowerLine Adapters > DHP-601AV

Works on W7 not on W8.1

(1/1)

PenskeFile:
I just installed 4 of the AV2 600 powerline adapters in my house.  Two are in my office where my network equipment is located with one being plugged into my router.  The other two are located at the other ends of my house in childrens bedrooms.

I followed the instructions and established secure links among all four D-Link adapters.  All test out well with my Windows 7 laptop and are pulling down acceptable speedtest results.  For example, the second adapter in my office, which is two walls away from the main adapter connected the router pulled down over 240mpbs with a 9ms ping.  The bedrooms are pulling down 40-50 mbps with a 20ms ping.

Unfortunately, neither of my sons can access the network with their Windows 8 pcs.  When we turn off wireless and plug in the ethernet cable from the Dlink AV2 600, the network status reads " Unidentified Network" and below that "Limited"

Remember, my W7 laptop from my job connects just fine!

Any thoughts?  I also ran troubleshooting and it completed with "Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration" on the Ethernet connection.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Do the Windows 8 PCs work directly connected to the main host router?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What version of Windows 8 are these PCs loaded with?

* Ensure any devices with WiFi or LAN adapter drivers are updated.
* Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting and maintain consistency for applications that need to connect as well as mapped drives.
* Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
PC 3rd Party Security Software Configurations

* Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.
Swap out PLs between working room and non working room as a test...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version