• April 19, 2024, 02:02:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: R15 What I like and Don't..so far  (Read 8881 times)

sh0nuff

• Level 2 Member
Re: R15 What I like and Don't..so far
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 07:38:10 AM »

I have now downgraded... was in the middle of setting up the router (made sure to say I didn't want the router to auto update etc..)
Upon the next router login, before I could do anything was met with a upgrade now box which would not let me do anything until I allowed it to upgrade the firmware.....

Now I am stuck with unstable and slow/unreliable internet speeds..
(not a good experience)

Update: I have now removed both routers from my network and stood my old Netgear back up and am getting normal speeds now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:26:08 AM by sh0nuff »

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 12:31:19 PM »

Just did a factory reset of mine and set up from scratch.  Now shield up fails again showing port 0 as closed not stealth.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 12:37:46 PM »

I think this router is a little flaky.  Did a reboot from the menu, reboot completed - NO lights on the router.  Power off/power on now Shields up passes as stealth.

sh0nuff

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »

LOL, maybe I shouldn't have purchased the second one for mesh......
I put in a support ticket.

sh0nuff

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »

Been quiet around here.. figured I would post an update.
It appears that things have stabled out some.
Internet speeds seem stable, no longer having the constant WIFI drops.
Two things contributed to the positive changes..
#1 I switched over to Linux, no longer required Windows for my day to day stuff.. so that stabled the speeds out.
#2 Moved my extender closer to my in house office which stopped the constant dropping of my wifi connection.

What I still notice though..
#3 The router still isn't blocking pings, it did after the first reset I did but after a second reset it stopped working again..
#4 "Your overall Wi-Fi environment is moderate" and sometimes it says its congested.. but I live in a small really old(built 1903) house in the country.. not really neighbors close by, can't detect other WIFI, except maybe the built in for the Roku for the remote.
So that is interesting...

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 02:53:19 PM »

Thanks for the update. I agree it has been quiet but I know they are launching this router in other regions around the world so things will pick up again. The US was the first market for release.  I hope a new firmware is coming but I have not heard when.

sh0nuff

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 06:51:20 PM »

I look forward to a firmware update too, hope it doesn't require a reset to defaults though..

Thanks for the update. I agree it has been quiet but I know they are launching this router in other regions around the world so things will pick up again. The US was the first market for release.  I hope a new firmware is coming but I have not heard when.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »

I received BETA firmware for the ICMP issue. I put it on my unit and without a reset, it did not respond to pings. Give it a try.

https://support.dlink.com/resource/PRODUCTS/R15/FIRMWARE/R15_REVA_FIRMWARE_v1.02.12_BETA.zip

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2021, 12:53:50 AM »

Powered the R15 back up and installed new firmware with no issues.  Just for fun I was able to pair it up with my new DAP-X1870.  The dap shows as an extender in the Eagle AI app but just shows as a connected client on the web interface.  Shields Up passed as stealth with the new firmware.  QOS speed test still not close, but Speedtest done from the website is close to actual speed.
Pages: 1 [2]