• April 16, 2024, 01:32:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 (B2) Suddenly Stopped Talking to Modem  (Read 9099 times)

Diz

• Level 1 Member
DIR-615 (B2) Suddenly Stopped Talking to Modem
« on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »

Heya,

I have been using this router for a while now without any problems, until a few days ago when it stop communicating with the modem (big globe LED turned red, and the PC Activity LED on the modem stopped flashing).

I initially managed to fix the problem. After repeating the usual recommended solutions over and over, eventually something must have worked. I’m not exactly sure what I did right though.

However, a few days later, and it has stopped working again. As with the first time, there is no apparent reason for this either - I literally walked away from my desktop for 45 mins, and in that time, it died on me.

I have tried hard resetting; re-flashing the firmware to various versions; restarting and reconnecting them in every order possible.

A few other points: I recently upgraded the firmware to 2.27 and everything went on working fine for a few days at least, so the firmware upgrade could have something to do with it. The modem is working when directly connected to the PC, so it’s not a modem fault. Everything else about the router works perfectly.

I am guessing the WAN port might be knackered. Does this sound correct? I’m not massively savvy when it comes to networking, is there anything obvious I could be missing?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

fum6226

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-615 (B2) Suddenly Stopped Talking to Modem
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 03:12:14 PM »

Hi,
Got also same problem (the big globe turn to red)is like moderm and router is not communicating,all the people connected with me has been disconnected,i try everything reset the router and follow step by step but still have this (big globe red) hopefully somebody out there can help us,planning to buy a new router but i dont know if i having the same problem,or resolve all of this,thanks in advance

tipoo

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-615 (B2) Suddenly Stopped Talking to Modem
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »

Hey guys, don't know if you still have this problem but I had the same issue and fixed it. You can still go to the router settings even though your internet connection is down. Go into that, reset the modem to factory settings, upgrade the firmware again (if need be), and set up your connection again. Only this time, disable DNS relay. This feature is buggy as anything.