• April 15, 2024, 11:48:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I need help ASAP, Emergency, My Network is down...  (Read 4376 times)

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
I need help ASAP, Emergency, My Network is down...
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »

I have no idea what happened.  I rebooted the router, and all of a sudden me and everone else on my network is locked out of the internet with some secure one internet crap. I have scouered the menus and I don't see anything about it. The only way I'm able to get here is to borrow a connection from a neighbor.

How do I get rid of that nonsense?

Thanks,
Jim

JamminWithU

• Level 1 Member
Re: I need help ASAP, Emergency, My Network is down...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

Had the same problem, found the fix here...http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6818.0.  You'll have to reboot your router after you do the workaround.  Hope this gets fixed soon...

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »

Had the same problem, found the fix here...http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6818.0.  You'll have to reboot your router after you do the workaround.  Hope this gets fixed soon...
Actually, they have the same problem as I do, but I never signed up for it, or enabled it on my router, hence there is no password to access it and turn it off.  I found the entry for it here in my router, and it is not enabled, it never was. Resetting my router back to factory default will be such a major problem that it would be easier just to buy a new router of a different brand, and throw this one in the trash like I did with my brand new DOA Linksys WRT110 because Linksys does not honor their warranties.

In the mean time, everyone in the house is locked out of the Internet, along with My Wii console and  Blu-ray DVD player.

daveschz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

try enabling the secure one and then re-disabling it - that works for me

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:54 AM »

try enabling the secure one and then re-disabling it - that works for me
Actually, once I discovered that it was malware deliberately embedded into the firmware from D-Link, I was able to downgrade the firmware to rid my router of the virus.

I have not had any probems since.

Thanks,
Jim.