• April 19, 2024, 05:16:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L Again?  (Read 15857 times)

peterd

• Level 1 Member
Re: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L Again?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »

I would and I have purchased it again, I've now got 4 DCS-932L units.  Yes there are a lot of fixes we'd all like seen made as listed in the Firmware Wishlist but I haven't found anything that compares to it yet in the same market and/or price range.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:37:07 AM by peterd »

gmred

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »

It's difficult to say.  I was hoping to easily install my two cameras, only to run into two days of trying to locate the cameras using the Set-up Wizard software in wireless mode.

I'm getting frustrated with this experience and hoping that my problem is my router configuration, vice problems with DLink's software.

I've installed Dlink cameras before with great success, hoping that the interface has improved over the years.  My current experience leads me to believe otherwise.

izenmike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »

Not any more.  After latest firmware install camera dies (or really, picture is frozen - I can still access the camera's IP.)  I preordered a new dropcam expecting that one to be better.

Alex_mxo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »

Today I would not due to support doesnot replies back our issues and cant explain why I can manually see the camera but no one single D-link SW can automatically detect it

kamleman

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »

No Way.

It's all just so clunky.  I have never been able to get port forwarding to work.  Connection to my dlink is a nightmare...got it to work once, changed camera to static IP and now get a "cannot connect to mydlink message" after numerous hard resets, since the only way to add a device to mydlink is to go through the bloody wizard each time.  Have now given up trying to get remote access to this camera, which is one of the main reasons I bought it.

In comparison my trendnet camera was very easy to install, port forwarding and remote access work beautifully, anywhere anytime.  Maybe a little more expensive, but at least it works.

peterd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 11:33:42 AM »

Just received two more as they were on sale at Best Buy and I'd buy again.  Nothing that I've looked at compares with respect to functionality and price.  Seen a lot of complains but I don't use the install wizard DVD (was far too bloated and nothing that couldn't be done without it) nor the myDlink site.  It's perfect for accessing directly via the Internet (with appropriate security in place of course) from work and via my BlackBerry. 

Beanodk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »

No, I would not buy this camera again - and I seriously doubt I will ever be buying any D-Link camera solution again.

Quality of the 932L camera, size and price is pretty fair, but the software/firmware is severely limited, inflexible, poorly structured and buggy. It's a real shame that sloppy developed software is holding the product back. It seems to me that D-Link are not supporting the camera with small improvements and fixes, and want us to buy a new (and more expensive) camera instead. This strategy does not work on me.

I bought the 932L as a cheap way of monitoring my house while on vacation but not interested in a more expensive camera with higher image quality. I can easily live with 932L's low quality image quality, but the software features should be acceptable and work as advertised - they don't.

I also bought the mydlink+ app for my iPad but that doesn't work at all. What a scam!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:35:24 AM by Beanodk »
Pages: 1 [2]