• April 26, 2024, 05:28:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Port Forwarding on Actiontec GT704-WG router  (Read 6090 times)

Mikeadamsvt

• Level 1 Member
Port Forwarding on Actiontec GT704-WG router
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »

I am trying to forward the right port to my camera so that I can log onto the camera over the internet.  I have set up the hostname on dlinkddns.com, but when I connect to it I am directed to my router (not my camera).  I attempted to set up port forwarding on the router, but you have to do so by setting up 'application rules' in the 'security' tab on the router management console.  When setting up a rule I am selecting my DCS-920 camera device, then entering protocol "TCP", port start "80", port end "81", and port map "80".  But when I go to [myhostname].dlinkddns.com, it still redirects me to my router.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance
Mike

Mikeadamsvt

• Level 1 Member
Re: Port Forwarding on Actiontec GT704-WG router
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:49:32 AM »

A little more info.  I used PFPortchecker.exe from portforward.com, and according to the tool, port 80 is being forwarded from the router to the camera.  However, when I navigate to [myhostname].dlinkddns.com in my Internet Explorer browser, I still am directed to the router rather than the camera.

Do people have this working?  Isn't port 80 the correct port to forward to the camera in order to access it from a web browser?

Mikeadamsvt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »

I even tried enabling a secondary port on the camera (port 800) and set up a port forwarding rule on my router to forward port 800 to my camera.  But when  you connect through dynamic dns (ddlinkddns.com) how do you get it to use a specific port?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »

http://Domain name.com:800
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream