• April 25, 2024, 09:15:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5220 Motion Detection delay not working?  (Read 3852 times)

toffimeister

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5220 Motion Detection delay not working?
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »

Hi!

I am using a DCS-5220 and got motion detection and snapshots via email working. I have set up the
delay to 360 seconds in the setting "Delay ... second(s) before detecting the next event", but it does not seem to do anything. I still get a snapshot email every few minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-5220 Motion Detection delay not working?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »

Does it work if you set it to something like 30 seconds?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

toffimeister

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5220 Motion Detection delay not working?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »

Looks like it works like intended and that there was an oversight on my part.

I looked at the source code of the web interface page with the java script functions, and the input field and the range test function for "sn1_md_delay" has a maximum of 999 seconds. After changing the source to allow a range up to 99999, I managed to set the delay to 3600 seconds (1 hour) and it seems to work.

It would be nice if this field and the value range test of the variable "sn1_md_delay" could be changed to allow for more than a maximum of 999 seconds. Maybe 99999 would be more appropriate? Could this be done in the next software update?

Below is a change to the snapshot1.html file. As a workaround, If you add in this file to each path (e.g. src="/cgi-bin/....") the full url of your camera ("e.g. src="http://your-camera-ip/cgin-bin/..."), you can even try this out as a local copy on your workstation. You might have to log-in first with your browser if you have authentification enabled.

Line 28 to 30:
Code: [Select]
if (checkNumRange(f.sn1_md_delay, 99999, parseInt(f.sn1_md_postnum.value) + 1, "Delay seconds must from " +
(parseInt(f.sn1_md_postnum.value) + 1) + " to 99999.\n" +
"Next event must be detected after sending all the images which are triggered by last event."))

Line 245:
Code: [Select]
<input type=text name="sn1_md_delay" size=6 maxlength=5 value=3>

Thanks,

Chris