D-Link Wireless Access Points For Business > DAP-2553

AP Manager II not discovering any AP at all

(1/3) > >>

eren.jaeger2k13:
Just installing AP Manager itself is a little bit tricky. You have to install the prerequisites by the book and you can't install the update versions of PostgreSQL.

Now, when I try to hit Discover on the AP Manager, nothing happened. Tried playing around with Advanced Discover to no avail. Anyone can help me with this? I probably must change something in the AP settings itself and/or with the computer where I'm running the AP manager.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 SP1, SNMP trap service started (I'm not sure if it needs to be, let me know), Windows Firewall disabled, I set it to 192.168.0.10 and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.

DAP-2590 - 192.168.0.50 and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask

Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at sticker under DAP.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAPs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What version of APM are you using? Latest I presume?

Are you directly connected to the DAP or wireless? Does wired connections work?

eren.jaeger2k13:
What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at sticker under DAP.
HW Ver. A2
What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAPs web page under status.
Firmware Ver. 1.20

What region are you located?
United States

What version of APM are you using? Latest I presume?
Yup, latest version

Are you directly connected to the DAP or wireless? Does wired connections work?
Directly connected. I can ping 192.168.0.50 no problem.

FurryNutz:
And all security programs on the PC is temporarily disabled, including any firewalls?

Did you happen to try to install APM with Windows Driver Enforcement disabled? Possible this could interfere with a clean install however shouldn't. Worth a test to try a re-install of APM.

Kind of seems like APM or the installation of it might be hosed.

Any chance you can test with a different PC?

eren.jaeger2k13:
I'm gonna try re-install everything again with Windows Driver Enforcement disabled and let you know.

I've disabled my firewall but are there any other programs/ports/services I should be aware of that could be causing this?

I will also try it in a different PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version