• April 16, 2024, 02:44:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Video not starting when Motion is Detected.  (Read 13859 times)

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
Video not starting when Motion is Detected.
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »

I have a lot of DLink DCS Series Cameras and all them seem to correctly trigger the video recording at the time of motion detection. However with this DCS-4622 I constantly see 10-15 second delays between the time of motion detection and the start of the video. This renders this camera useless for security. The video must start upon motion detection as it is programmed to do. I have many different combinations of bitrates, video size, etc. and none of them work correctly. What a shame. I would like to a bunch more but until this problem is solved purchases are on hold.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem?

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
Re: Video not starting when Motion is Detected.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Really hoping to get some help with this. This problem is really rendering this camera completely useless.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 12:58:35 PM »

What are you recording to?

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »

I am recording to a network server. I had a DCS-2132 in that location before and it worked fine with the same network infrastructure, no delays. I disconnected that one and plugged this one, and now I have 10-15 second delays from the time of motion detection to the start of the video recording. I have tried many different file lengths and file sizes, makes no difference.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »

Do you have other events configured or only motion detection to your server?

Definitely sounds like a latency issue. The camera may be having issues in the beginning when it is trying to write the file to your server.

When you say network server, I assume using the Network Storage option under Event Setup? 

What hardware revision and firmware are you using?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:16:37 PM by GreenBay42 »

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »

I have motion detection with record to video enabled.
The network server is a Windows File Server dedicated to the this purpose, and yes we are using the Network Storage Option.
We use the Network Storage Option on a network of 32 cameras all 2310's and 2312's and not a one exhibits this issue. Like I said the 2312 that used to be in this very same location, connected to the same cable did not have a latency issue either.

The camera version is  A and the FW is 1.00.09 which is the only version available from what I have seen, there appears to not have been any updates since release of the product.

This is the Media Type Setup:

Video Clip
Pre-event recording:  Second(s) 3
Maximum duration:  Second(s) 40
Maximum file size:  Kbytes 5000

This is the motion detection setup:
Video Motion Detection - Checked.
Priority High
Delay 1
Sensitivity 95%
All boxes in the map included.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM »

hmm strange. The fact you are replacing the camera (same cable/location) and changing the bitrate, etc without it making a difference makes me think it is a hardware issue. It seems like it is having an issue buffering correcting and failing to write.

I looked up this camera in our internal system (D-Track) and did not see any issue like yours so maybe an isolated issue. I did not see any beta firmware other than a fix with using open storage without a username/password.  I can download it and give you a link if you want to try it.  It is for revision B - Russian region.

You may want to reset the camera or even reflash the firmware and try it again.

If the problem persists definitely contact tech support via phone. They can notify the engineers via D-Track if needed. Are you in the US?

If you have an SD card, maybe record to it to see if you get the same results. If yes, then definitely the camera is faulty.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:11:34 PM by GreenBay42 »

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 03:16:23 PM »

On a lark I added a photo event on motion detection, and it worked correctly. The photo times were bang on when the motion was detected.

I am in Canada.

I filed a report to support via the website two days ago but have not heard anything.

So perhaps the camera is faulty, everything but this seems to work ok. I will try flashing the firmware. It's 300 miles away so I can't try the SD card thing. It would not do any good anyways cause these are remotely monitored.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »

300 miles? Yikes. Resetting not a good idea then unless someone is there to setup from scratch.

Canada's support number - 1-800-361-5265 

I will see if I can get my hands on one tomorrow to test.

Just to verify, are you comparing the time stamp of the video vs the notification?  or more when you watch the video is clearly is missing 10-15 seconds?

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »

I am comparing the time on the video display to time on the system log that motion is detected. The timestamp might also be useful but the best comparison is the clock time displayed in video and motion detection log, they should be pretty close. I see a 15 second difference.

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »

To answer your question the video is clearly missing 15 seconds at the start of the file.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:54:02 PM by allknowingeye »

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:14 PM »

I re-flashed the camera with 1.00.09 load and it made no difference.

I did another test and these were the results:
2019/03/21 17:20:24 Event trigger - motion detection.
File created with a date time tag of 20190321_172023.
However the clock displayed in the video was 03/21/2019 17:20:34 meaning 10 seconds of video was lost in this test.

Created video file was 4014KB, under the 5000KB it's not a case of running out of storage. It is also interesting the date and time on the file was correct but there was still the 10 seconds of missing video. It recorded a file of the correct length, in this case that was 60 seconds but the recording was started late by 10 seconds.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »

i will have a tech test this today. 

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »

I also did a test where I captured photos, 3 before the event and I think 4 after the motion detection event. The photos were taken at the exact correct time and where stored in the same network storage as the video, however the video was again delayed by over 10 seconds and thus basically useless.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »

Sorry for the delay.  We tested a camera here and it seems to work OK. Video is recording right before motion detection.

We set up basic "windows sharing a folder" and the camera had no issues sending snapshots and video to the share.

How far is your camera from the server it is recording to? If it is not local, possibly latency is the issue. If the server is local to the camera, possibly that camera is defective, but strange that everything else works OK.

Pages: [1] 2