• March 29, 2024, 03:01:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IP address and MAC address  (Read 8347 times)

seantheman

IP address and MAC address
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »

Hi, I have a very quick question.

I am behind this WBR-1310 D-Link router, but my internal IP address keeps changing.  I use port forwarding a lot, and this can be very troublesome.  Is there any way to make it so the router associates a certain IP address with a MAC address, making it so my IP won't change?  I know it's possible to do with a computer acting as a router, but I was wondering it's possible to do with this D-Link router.

Any help would be great!

chrisnclovis

Re: IP address and MAC address
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »

The WBR-1310 does not have a static DHCP server or DHCP reservation feature like most DLink routers. You'll have to set a static IP address on the computer but make sure its out of the DHCP pool of WBR-1310 and change the IP address that you have in your port fowarding rules.

seantheman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:15:48 PM »

Thank you so much for the help.  I'm trying out what you suggested right now, and I'll tell you if anything comes up. 

Again, thank you! :)

gshaghoian

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 05:04:51 PM »

If you're referring to your PUBLIC IP address, then that will constantly change unless you get a static IP from your ISP.

If you're talking about the PRIVATE IP, simply assign something outside of the DHCP lease of the router (100-199) on the network adapter on your computer.