• March 28, 2024, 07:16:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dcs-2230 line-in mod HELP  (Read 2711 times)

rafz

• Level 1 Member
dcs-2230 line-in mod HELP
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »

Hello,

I'm working on a dcs-2230 for a government  project, and i was told to set up this ip-cam for council meeting audio-video recording.
No big issue with storage and network setup so far, but now i'm facing a completely different problem.
The council meetings are held inside an historical huge room, and the audio recorded by the built-in microphone is terrific.
What i need is a line-in connector to merge the local amplification signal to the d-link captured video.
I took the cam apart to check if the pcb has some sort of header or electrical pins to bypass the built-in passive microphone (built-in mic pcb contact shown here)

and found a similar unused header in the other side of pcb. (back side unsoldered similar contacts shown here)

Does anyone know what are those pins for? Can i hope the similar printed symbol are audio-related?
I know this stuff is not easy to answer.. so thanks for the effort whoever jumps in to try helping me.
Full resolution photos available, for further analysis..
Thanks again,

Raffaele